View Full Version : placement breakdown

zebs
04-23-08, 11:35 AM
well, so much for the school taking on board my sons difficulties and trying to keep him for his last year. It hasn't even lasted a week before their excluding him.

I'm requesting another school placement as he needs to have someone that can be positive about him. All of the teachers are fed up of him. He also needs to be with other kids who can control themselves as he is copying behaviours which other children show.

He also needs to manage his anger better he has thumped a couple of boys who are winding him up. This one pushed him but the teacher didn't see that they only witnessed him hit the other boy. I don't want my son to learn violent behavioiurs. He needs to learn some control.

I would rather he was a newboy somewhere else.

really fed up zebs. :(

Mary
04-23-08, 11:40 AM
Hugss Zebs.. I'm sorry that this one didn't work out. :(

Lunacie
04-23-08, 12:35 PM
My granddaughter reported an incident on the school bus last week and I called and asked to speak to the bus driver. What a wise woman! She said that when you see one kid punch another, it's usually a reaction to what the first kid has done, so then she knows which kid(s) to watch for causing trouble.

Too bad more teachers don't realize that the ones they see doing the hitting are just reacting to the teasing or poking that was done TO them first. The kids who get into trouble for reacting are the ones who sometimes end up getting hold of a gun and shooting the bullies - along with anyone else who is in the way at the time.

I also found out that the school had not let the bus driver know that my other granddaughter has been diagnosed with Autism and has an IEP, so she had no idea what was going on with the meltdowns at the end of a long and trying day. Our bus driver is retiring at the end of this school year, and I think we may ask to talk to our new bus driver and let him or her know that both our girls have some issues (the oldest has been diagnosed with ADHD) in case there are any more problems.

zebs
04-24-08, 02:37 PM
Having just spoken to the school, it is blatently obvious that I am doing the right thing in moving my son. That is what they had wanted at the meeting. They have excluded to show them the gravity!

I have told them they will have to move him on positively, I don't know how much longer I will be able to tolerate the false "oh its so sad" attitude, though.........

Thanks for listening.

zebs.