View Full Version : Day 7 - focalin XR

LVG
05-07-08, 06:03 PM
I did 5mg in the morning for 6 days.

My doc suggested I do 5mg of the XR twice a day about 5-6 hours apart because the effect wears off by then.

To experiment, instead I took 10mg at once today (which is the 'normal dose') and had a weird experience.

I felt the medication effect in about 30 minutes and felt more focused for about 45 minutes with sort of a headache feeling. Around 1 to 1/2 hours later I got a rapid heart beat, and I was lightly sweating in my underarms prior to this. I had this heavy "RUSH" of something and I got really dizzy and nauseous for about 15 seconds.

It faded away and for the last couple hours I just feel a little tense with some head pressure. Anyone else have that experience?

I'm really not sure what to expect from a stimulant Focalin being my first. Can't really tell how much it's helping, but it's different..hmm.
(oh, I also take Lamictal 150mg, Wellbutrin 300mg)

LVG
05-07-08, 06:46 PM
Oh, the other thing was that my eyes seemed really glossy and somewhat irritated. Like a 'watery' burn.

brewskijmu
05-07-08, 10:10 PM
i also take wellbutrin 300 mg and focalin was not good for me. i couldn't take it more than 3 days in a row because the side effects were too intense. i yawned alot and couldn't take a deep breath, my eyes were really dry, intense pressure behind my eyes, headaches, sore throat, just about everything that could go wrong. concerta wasn't much better. not i am trying adderall IR and so far it hasn't been impressive but i just bumped up from 10 mg to 20 mg so we'll see. if this works, i'm considering going down to 150 mg WB so i'm not killing my liver.

LVG
05-09-08, 05:23 PM
Decided to stop on day 9.

I felt a little too different/weird on this medication.

brewskijmu
05-09-08, 10:48 PM
i don't blame you!