View Full Version : Frustrated and feeling bad about myself

In_a_Maze
05-18-08, 11:20 PM
I don't know for sure I'm ADD yet, but if I'm not, I'm something. I'm very good at writing and music, but can't seem to function in the real world. Since Junior High to now, at 41, I've been frustrated. It feels like everything I touch turns to ashes in my hands, even when I see gold. I can't hold down a job no matter how hard or smart I work; I'm altruistic with everyone I know, but I have no friends; I'm optimistic, but it gets me nowhere; I have a sweet disposition but I'm always making people angry; my husband is constantly upset with me for losing jobs and forgetting to do what I said I'd do; tasks feel like moving mountains; I don't remember to do things I really wanted to do; I don't have patience for lists; I have a sporadic sense of time and place; attempts at improvement bring more frustration; my failures make me feel inferior to everyone else....and the list goes on and on. I'm afraid of medication but I'm getting desperate. I really want to be an RN, but how can I when I can't function in a basic sense? Not to sound lost in pity, but I really do feel like I have to place in this world. I feel stuck! :(

Mary
05-18-08, 11:28 PM
My suggestion is... go for a diagnosis. That way, you know for sure. There are options out there...and different meds. Sometimes you find the right med ..in the beginning, but sometimes you don't.

In any case.. the tension of wondering... will have eased with the diagnosis. It will be up to you.. whether you choose to medicate. However.. I've known many who have gone on to college and graduated after getting treatment.

What can it hurt?

In_a_Maze
05-19-08, 12:21 AM
Thank you, Mary. I'll focus on the diagnosis first and take it from there.

Mary
05-19-08, 12:22 AM
You are welcome..and good luck!

SuzzanneX
05-19-08, 01:09 AM
You are a spark of the power gestalt just like me, and your soul is beautiful and perfect.
.....there's nothing to feel bad for.

When you see a dr. hopefully, he will balance you, and you can shine as intended.

welcome..

In_a_Maze
05-19-08, 10:40 AM
Thank you SuzzanneX. :)

cameron
05-19-08, 04:47 PM
I have the same frustrations at age 38(btw, I'm dating someone your age, she is female without ADD though). I HAVE a diagnosis as well. Is your husband supportive at all? btw, just because you get diagnosed, that doesn't mean your "problems/issues" will gt better. I'm really having a hard time finding some medication that doesn't make me; lazy/drowsy, etc! never ending process! another positive in your favor is that you are married and have someone putting food on the table. Not me. I'm solo. I'm relying now on my parents to pay the bills! a terrible feeling! I just can't find a job--any job for that matter!

nameless
12-14-09, 02:01 PM
im new to this as of an hour ago wow all of this sound like me ive just been diagonosed with adhd math disorder and a bunch of other stuff that dont make sence i took that wechsler test and just now figureing this all out .....confusing....38years old...........