View Full Version : Ativan while on lamictal

Zoie
05-18-08, 11:27 PM
Has anyone had any exprience with this??

I just started my lamictal on friday. So far I have noticed that the thoughts in my head have quited down significantly. I can only hope at what more will come as the medicine begins to work and as I reach the doctors desired dose.

I took an ativan today, and I was wondering what other peoples exprience of these two meds are. I feel slow and out of it... which I suppose is to be expected of an anti anxiety med.

I get a little worried sometimes with my addiction history and how this med will effect me. I have a close friend who was with me today when I took it. (SuperChan to the rescue) She knows my histroy and she is great support for me. making sure I only take it when I need it. Still... I worry about myself. This is aside from the point.

Does functioning ability increase as you get used to the way ativan effects you, or should I just plan to be in a low state of functioning when I take it??

I apologize if this doesn't make much sense... or if things are out of order... I feel somewhat dyslexic on this... mixing things up forwards and backwards and sideways.. and downwards... and any other direction that one can think of. Maybe its just time for bed.

Maurice
05-19-08, 10:47 AM
I have never heard of lamicral? Now Ativan I can vouch for. It is in the same family of benzos as Xanax and Valium. They are all very similar ro me. I have taken Ativan for several years at a time. You usually overcome the majority of the slowed+down felling, usually. Is there a brand name for that lamicral? To me it sounds like some kind of herbal remedy or something. If it bothers you too badly I would call my doctor,

netsavy006
05-21-08, 12:55 PM
Does functioning ability increase as you get used to the way ativan effects you, or should I just plan to be in a low state of functioning when I take it??

Your functioning ability should get better as you adjust to the medications. Give it a bit of time and the side effect should lessen if not completely go away.