View Full Version : does this sound like hypomania or what???

kwalk
05-19-08, 08:03 AM
I just started cymbalta two days ago, and already I'm having a hard time sleeping. I feel as though, especially at night, that I'm driven by a motor. I start to shake my hands and feet a lot and get really wired. I even took my dose of clonidine, which I'm taking for for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, and I still couldn't sleep right. I felt as if I was sleeping but my mind was perfectly awake and then I woke up 3 hours later completely alert. I then told my sister about it, who happens to experience hypomania and she didn't know what to tell me.
I then also started laughing infront of her several times in a row for no apparent reason... like the kind of laugh you do when you are thinking about something funny and I had no idea what I was laughing about. Then she told me I had a blank stare all of a sudden looking at her..blah!!!!!!!! I don't understand.......... it seems like I go in and out or something....

I happened to kind of experience this last time I was put on zoloft and I experienced something like racing thoughts and was put on trileptal, but I guess I just want to know what you guys think. <---------crap, I think I just answered the question myself.

oh yea, between having NMH (where you space out a lot), POTS, Depression, and possible Bipolar (since it runs in the family) my doc thinks I don't have ADD.

Spongedaddy
05-19-08, 10:29 AM
Well ADHD can overlap with BP disorder. It's hard to tell until the BP is under control and the Pdoc can see if the ADHD symptoms go away with that.

It could be hypomania, the laughing part is due in part to sleep deprivation. I suggest keeping a mood journal so you can track any patterns and help determine if it is indeed BP.