View Full Version : Deadline July 1, 2008- scholarships

meadd823
05-25-08, 11:00 AM
I received this in a e-mail from a pretty reliable source thought I would pass it along to any one here who may be interested

{Quote}
"Eli Lilly & Co. is offering 21 educational scholarships for adults (25+) with ADHD. The deadline is July 1, 2008."{End Quote}

I guess one could go to their site -

okay so I went to see what I could see:rolleyes:

More information

2008 Focus on Your Possibilities Scholarship Program (http://www.adhd.com/adults/adults_2008_scholarship.jsp)

To apply for the Focus on Your Possibilities Scholarship, you must be:

* An adult age 25+ who has been diagnosed with and is currently undergoing any treatment for adult ADHD.

* Currently attending or planning to attend an accredited public or private undergraduate or graduate school in the United States or would like to obtain your GED.

* Going to enroll or already enrolled in a college, institute, university, or GED program on a full-time basis.

* Willing to share your story with the media/public if selected as a Focus on Your Possibilities winner

{End Quote}

And I even found one of these

application form pdf (http://www.adhd.com/pdf/application_form.pdf)

Looks pretty legit - I would love to do this but schooling has to be full time which I can't do and work. . . but I wanted to pass it on to you guys in case there is some one here who could use this and qualifies:)

Tara
05-25-08, 03:59 PM
For the life of me I can't understand why they don't offer any scholarships for part time students.

HighFunctioning
05-25-08, 09:06 PM
Perhaps it's because part-time students are less likely to obtain a degree? It's also possible that one may use such money for non-educational purposes (depending on how the scholarship can be used in this particular case), especially if not enrolled full time.

Tara
05-25-08, 10:34 PM
Part time students are less likely to get a degree? Where do you get that from?

I think it has more to do with the fact that Eli Lilly doesn't truly get the needs of adults with ADHD. A scholarship program for older adults with ADHD should not be run the same as one for 18 year olds coming straight out of high school.

Iwalani8
05-31-08, 03:33 PM
thank you so much for posting this scholarship!!! it's perfect for me and shouldn't be too hard for me to apply. i've been struggling terribly lately, even have negative $400 in my checking account, but still in school full time at age 27 trying to get courses finished to be able to get in to dental school. this could give me much more opportunity than i have right now. ahhhhhhhh fingers crossed....

curseandablessi
06-15-08, 10:18 AM
Well it'll be good for someone, I'll only have 8 credit hours each semester in my nursing clinicals for the next four, I took all my gen ed already.

Tara
06-15-08, 02:08 PM
Well it'll be good for someone, I'll only have 8 credit hours each semester in my nursing clinicals for the next four, I took all my gen ed already.

I think 12 hours is usually considered full time. It's really too bad they are not offering you the chance to receive a scholarship. I'm sure you are working just as hard as somebody who is registered for more than 12 credits.