View Full Version : Looking for BOOKs on energy and fatigue

mrsmith
05-26-08, 05:11 AM
I would like to recommendations of books that are a bit general in the energy/fatigue area: Discusses what makes us fatigued, tired or gives us energy, and then explains fibro, CFG, ME etc. in that framework.

mrsmith
05-26-08, 07:14 AM
For example, why do we get tiered from traveling? Working in some offices? When it is hot?

Also, isn't it a bit strange that I cant edit mt messages in an Add-forum?

Andrew
05-26-08, 07:14 PM
You can edit your posts for a short period of time (I believe 2 or 3 minutes) after you post it. Untimed editing is not available, as it could lead to threads not making sense, responses being made to content no longer in a post, and certainly it could be an abused feature - if enabled.

Mary
05-26-08, 07:20 PM
sometimes....you have to wait a few minutes before the editing feature becomes available. At least for me.

Welcome mrssmith. I also have Fibromyalgia, CFS and inflammatory arthritis. I find that making sure I get some of excercise on a daily basis helps the stiffness. Even if it's a short walk.

Don't sit around... thinking you can't do something. Just go about your daily routine in moderation, using rest periods so you don't overdo.

I'll see if I can find other books. You might look for the book called, Fibromyalgia for Dummies. No offense intended...it's the actual title. It also talks about chronic fatigue and arthritis.

cristerpher
01-14-09, 02:18 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Fatigued-Fantastic-Jacob-Teitelbaum/dp/1583332898/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231957120&sr=8-1

QueensU_girl
01-22-09, 01:40 PM
I read this one and liked it. It covers MANY issues related to fatigue and exhaustion.

http://www.theproductivitypro.com/t_books.htm

dormammau2008
02-03-09, 02:44 PM
cuting smellersss out and hair spearsss chageing the paint on the readdartiosss ie heating thisss do help as well with faigue M E dorm

inmostleaf
03-18-09, 01:09 PM
I would like to recommendations of books that are a bit general in the energy/fatigue area: Discusses what makes us fatigued, tired or gives us energy, and then explains fibro, CFG, ME etc. in that framework.

I suppose the best advice I could give you is seek anything you can by Dr. Jay Goldstein. I believe his main area of research (and practice) is in fact CFS. There are a few other names but they've slipped off my tongue.

Aquablue
03-21-09, 12:11 PM
Have an aunt with fibromyalgia, quite a debilitating illness. Advice I rely on for most everything related to health can be found at: http://www.dr.weil.com. His full name is Dr. Andrew Thomas Weil. Among other things, what's special is that he ushered in the brilliant concept of integrative medicine and brought it to new heights of respectability. He's a Harvard-educated M.D. and also has more knowledge of holistic medicine than anyone I've read to date. If you go to the upper left corner of his site and do separate searches on fatigue and fibromyalgia, you'll likely find helpful advice.

PS: If you're more of a book person, he has some terrific publications. Most of my books are used from Amazon, which I mention because I recall buying a great book of his, Spontaneous Healing used, in hardcover (after the paperback came out) for something like $2.