View Full Version : Yogurt pie (no baking!)

DotwithADD
06-02-08, 02:55 AM
I use 3 small individual containers of flavored (of course) Yoplait yogurt. My favorite is Key lime.

Mix it with 1/2 tub of cool whip

Pour it into a ready made graham cracker shell

Put in the freezer to set... it does get hard, but good. (You may not want to put it in the fridge... it gets too runny).

theta
06-02-08, 04:24 AM
Mmm key-lime yogurt. Those pre-made graham cracker crust are loaded with hydrogenated oil(or make sure their not). Its actually fairly easily to make one (using butter). Crush crackers + melted butter. Form in a pan and allow to cool in frig.

Saturated fat is a little safer than trans fat. Because while both increase LDL
bad cholesterol trans fat also decreases HDL(good cholesterol). Which is bad because not too many things lower HDL and its some what hard to raise it.

DotwithADD
06-02-08, 09:42 AM
Mmm key-lime yogurt. Those pre-made graham cracker crust are loaded with hydrogenated oil(or make sure their not). Its actually fairly easily to make one (using butter). Crush crackers + melted butter. Form in a pan and allow to cool in frig.

Saturated fat is a little safer than trans fat. Because while both increase LDL
bad cholesterol trans fat also decreases HDL(good cholesterol). Which is bad because not too many things lower HDL and its some what hard to raise it.

Thanks, theta... I didn't think about that. Will have to look at the nutritional value/content next time. Or it might be online... I'll research that.

You are right, it would be better to make my own graham cracker crust.. as I would know what's in it. But... our oven doesn't work so have to buy the ready made crust.

Thank you again, theta!:)

DotwithADD
07-17-08, 03:19 AM
Addendum to recipe... regarding the fat content in the ready made crusts, it may be better to make your own graham cracker crust. Sometimes taking "shortcuts" aren't always best. This way you know exactly what is in your pie crust without skimping on taste. Thanks again, Theta!:)