View Full Version : De-Clutter Crew!!!

Uneek1
06-03-08, 02:59 PM
Alright! Who wants to join in??? Tomorrow (gotta go to work now) I'm going to go to the messiest room (besides the basement) which is the bedroom and pick up 5 things and I'll let you know what I picked up. Today I picked up some clean jammies and put them away. And for a bonus, I made the bed. LOL. Anyways...sometimes I do better with support (I'm sure there's other people out there also) so......join in!!!

SuperChan
06-03-08, 05:09 PM
I will join you. I will post tonight, what I picked up when I get home from work.

lostmykeys
06-03-08, 05:17 PM
I am in!!

dy95
06-03-08, 05:37 PM
Suuuuure- Why not?!?! :)

Sandy4957
06-03-08, 07:26 PM
I am in. I need to clear 2007 documents out of my filing cabinet.

Uneek1
06-03-08, 08:18 PM
I am in. I need to clear 2007 documents out of my filing cabinet.

Would that be the year or that many documents? LOL. Might take you awhile if that was the case!

Ok, I'd probably more than 5 items but that's the number I use just to get started. I'll probably do that when I get home tonight.

newfdog
06-03-08, 08:22 PM
I'm in, Got a BIG trash can and lots of bags?

Uneek1
06-04-08, 02:12 AM
(warning!!! Long and very drawn out!) Yippee!!! It's cleaner! Just a little but it makes a nice difference. When I got home, I put away a small pile of clothes that was on my jewelry drawer thingie. They've been sitting there for awhile. Then I had my little "woe is me" half-depression thing over nothing on another thread here. After that, I didn't feel like cleaning BUT I told you I would! Took a FULL basket of laundry downstairs. Why my husband didn't do it, I don't know. I woulda started it but some of mom's stuff was in the washer and I didn't know what was going on there. Not soaking wet so I maybe she was soaking something and hasn't washed it yet? So I got out of doing the laundry....for now. But it's out of the room. Against the wall on my side of the bed is a cart thing that I keep my laptop and portable DVD player (for my nightly Golden Girls) on. Between the cart and the dresser I have a bunch of magazines. They SUPPOSED to be sorted in those plastic magazine files but that'll be another day. I have 3 or 4 subscriptions that I don't want to quit but I can't seem to read them as fast as I want. (parenting type magazines and travel mags). On top of those was a big pillow with arms type thingy. So you can supposedly sit on the floor and have something to rest your back on. Our bed's headboard has a light (well, that doesn't work so it HAD a light) and a few little shelves so I can't sit up in bed and read. That's why I bought the pillow thing. A few weeks ago, I bought new bedding and it also came with big square pillowcases (European pillowcases I think they call it) so now I have enough pillows to prop my back against. SO the chunky awkward thing went downstairs. I store my pajamas (mostly sweats) in a rolling box under the bed. Only thing is, it's really long, though it has a hinged lid so I only have to open one half at a time. When I had that big chunky pillow taking up space and there were a few books behind the cart, there wasn't enough space to pull out the box! So it's been sitting at the foot of the bed and we've been tripping over it. It's put away now! Put away my husband's sweats and bed shorts. His box under the bed just to get them off the floor. He hates it but I think it looks a little neater that way. Took Thomas tracks downstairs. TJ wanted Duck (a train) so when he was sick, I looked for it. Came with Farmer McColl's Farm (well, a hay thingie. Not a whole farm) and some more tracks. Gave him the train and finally took the tracks and farm downstairs. Took all my French books downstairs too. January 1st I was going to teach myself French and get into the culture and cook French food. Excited about it in December. Couldn't wait to get started. Lasted till January 2nd. :-( Can't even remember what I learned. Maybe someday I'll try again. And I have plenty of books to help me! It's not money down the drain. I'll use them!...someday.
Well there's my long drawn out cleaning story. What's your long drawn out story???

Uneek1
06-04-08, 02:25 AM
Here ya guys go! Looks like dy95 has gotten a head start and already filled up the dumpster!
http://www.uline.com/images/product/Group/HD_6756_G.JPG (http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_6756.asp?desc=Brute+Containers+%26+ Accessories)http://www.uline.com/images/product/Group/HD_6759_G.JPG (http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_6759.asp?desc=Tilt+Trucks)http://www.uline.com/images/product/group/HD_6766_G.JPG (http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_6766.asp?desc=Recycling+Containers) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/Dumpster-non.JPG/200px-Dumpster-non.JPG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Dumpster-non.JPG)

And for Newfdog's moldy sandwich that was under his bed.....
http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/images/wkr_drms.jpg

Uneek1
06-04-08, 02:28 AM
Better get Sandy out of that shredder! Guess she got a bit too excited shredding those documents!
http://pbsoffice.com/images/shredder.gif

Sandy4957
06-04-08, 02:50 AM
WOW! Uneek, you were one productive little chicka! You get a gold star, GGGGRRRRRRLLLLL! Good for YOU!

Ok. I got a box and some files on the floor that I didn't touch today but I WILL do it tomorrow 'cause now I owe it to my teammate. Thanks for the thread, Uneek. That file crud has been BUGGIN' me and this will get me to do it.... er.... tomorrow.... Hahahaha! Naw, I really will. I gotta find a way. It's starting to bug me too much.

newfdog
06-04-08, 07:51 AM
Good for you! In regards to the mags, don't renew, been there done that, pitching mags I have not read. If you really want to read an issue, go buy it. I think you will find, you won't miss them

I try not to have any more horizontal surfaces than needed, you know why :)

SuperChan
06-04-08, 11:25 AM
I picked to clean up my mail piles and the kitchen. Then I did a load of laundry. House looks a little better, but still looks like the whirlwind that is my son came through.

Zoie
06-04-08, 02:34 PM
Can I join too?? I have an inspection next week and I need to have my place cleaned by Wednesday.

I think tonight I will fold and put away my laundry. Although I know my dishes need to be done. I think I will try to do those this weekend. Load em up and borrow my parents dishwasher. (I only do this once every three months or so, I do my own dishes the rest of the time)

I also need to sort through documents and throw away a lot of things I just don't need or use. I once heard someone say if you have not worn it or used it in a year, get rid of it. (I think I still have stuff from when I was 10)

Then there is my daughters room. Her closet in particular. Its overflowing and she can't even use most of her toys cause we can't find em in there. Maybe that will be Sunday.

I'll report back and let you know what actually gets done.

Uneek1
06-04-08, 02:51 PM
http://www.galttech.com/research/graphics4/detergent1.jpgSoap for you, Zoie!!! And for those of you (like me) who do dishes by hand....http://www.galttech.com/research/graphics4/detergent4.jpg

Zoie
06-04-08, 09:13 PM
Grrr, so I am sitting here, exhausted. Looking at my clothes, making excuses as to why I don't want to or need to fold them right now. Grrr at my self. GRRRR. Hope the rest of you are not experiencing this. I do plan on starting soon. Yes I must. I can't clean my whole house in two days. (well maybe I could...) NO!! I must start, I must... GRRRR

lostmykeys
06-04-08, 09:35 PM
I have cleaned a lot and am just in the process of putting things where they need to be. I have recycled a lot of papers but still have a ways to go.

I will be taking pictures in a few days of all the clothes we are going to get rid of. I hardly go shopping but some of my clothes just need to go.

Clothes are the worst! Especially socks. I just put all of the socks in a big cloth bag and will go through them later. Clothes and papers are my worst!!

Uneek1
06-05-08, 01:10 AM
Well, sorry I'm not gonna stick around tonight. There's a storm a'brewin' with lightning. Haven't seen any hail...yet. And we're under a tornado watch. I'll probably still do some cleaning but I'm gonna get off the computer so I don't somehow zap it out. I'll sit on the couch and read. The TV is on so if something more serious comes up, I'll be informed. Yes, sirens would probably wake me up but I can't even THINK of going to sleep. (can't ya tell I'm a bit terrified of tornados?) Anyway, I'll catcha later! Good luck cleaning!

By the way, there is other threads similiar to this so I'm sorry if I plaguerized! LOL. I didn't mean to! Sometimes it's easier just to start threads rather than search....then you find out later....

Uneek1
06-05-08, 01:10 AM
Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thunder made me jump!!!!!

DotwithADD
06-05-08, 01:13 AM
Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thunder made me jump!!!!!

Take care, Uneek1! I don't know why, but I'm no longer afraid of them...

Zoie
06-08-08, 01:57 AM
I am proud to report that I took my dishes to my parents house to use their dishwasher and while I was there I cleaned out some of my old stuff. Then I came home, folded the laundry and threw in a couple more loads. Cleaned the fish tank and litter box. Took out the trash and recycle (although I forgot to clean the fridge before I took out the trash)
My daughter wanted to clean the bathtub (I guess she thought it would be fun. She was done after about 5 minutes though lol) And I cleaned the bathroom floor.

:D Super proud of myself. Next I need to clean off my kitchen table and my daughters closet. But I have finals I need to do so the cleaning becomes low priority for now.

I think I will drink caffeine again next time I need to clean :)

Prusilusken
06-08-08, 12:26 PM
Wow Zoie, that's so cool! :D

I'm going to get in on this thing as well today!

Top prority:
Carrying out dishes to kitchen from my whole appartment.
Sort my clothes, and put the clean ones in the wardrobe.
Do dishes.

Then 1h time "off".

Go to the basement and reserve time on schedule for washing manchine.
Waterchange in all aquaria (6).
Take care of filters, move one fish to another place.
Make two smallest tanks nice to look at again.

Uneek1
06-08-08, 12:33 PM
I haven't cleaned in awhile. Last night's excuse was:::: the darn tornado warning! Why clean if your house is gonna look if a tornado is gonna hit it....literally! LOL. Ok, so I'm not pessimistic but I still can't concentrate on a night like last night. Storming all night, they kept my husband (and his co-workers) at his work until it was safe to drive home. Got a few hours sleep.....

curseandablessi
06-10-08, 08:19 AM
Since Friday (diagnosis day and first day of meds) I've thrown out 6 big black bags of paper and took them to the dump. I installed pull out drawer things in the lower kitchen cabinets, and labelled them.

Bought a cube organizer from Target (sale last week for $35) put on top of the desk in the dining room and have 7 little organized cubbies, instead of a two foot pile of books, ryobi batteries not in their charger, dog grooming clippers and scissors. I'd love to line all of the walls of the house with cubes. Cancelled the newspaper subscription except for the weekends.

I posted the cereal dispenser that was never used for two years on freecycle and it was gone by the end of yesterday. OCD hubby won't let me post old camper shell to get rid of it.

Three baskets of clean laundry sitting in the middle of the bedroom, a pile of shoes sitting beside them. Another pile of papers to be filed in my new color coded filing system that I got from the container store, can't remember the name it has four colors, labels, and a book that tells you where to put what. Since I don't know where half of the papers are it's going to be a work in progress.

Uneek1
06-10-08, 01:37 PM
You know you have ADD when......(I know that's a different thread. LOL) you set up this thread and you hardly do anything! Sorry ya'll! But I hope I at least got you guys started cleaning! I still need to make my son's bed! He only uses that bed for naps. But I cleaned the sheets and they haven't made it upstairs yet. That was a few weeks ago! He has a plain blue sheet for a spare that is on the bed but not ON the bed because I'm waiting for the Cars or SpongeBob sheets! JUST MAKE THE BED WITH THE PLAIN BLUE!!!!! I put the comforter on the bed for him to sleep on.

Uneek1
06-11-08, 12:16 PM
Woo-hoo! Mom took the kids to Wal-Mart today so I got up (got over 8 hours of sleep again...Last two days, I got too much sleep. Don't know if that's good or bad!) and it's quiet. Very nice. First thing I did (without planning to) was clean off the kitchen table! Well, I turned on the computer first but I didn't actually get on it until now. Without planning it....wow. Wish I could do that more often! I still need to take some books to the bedroom (clutter up that room!) and wash it off but hey.... I feel good! The simple things in life......

Zoie
06-26-08, 01:14 PM
I think I want to hire a cleaning service to come in and clean the bathroom. I think a professional could clean it WAY better than I can, and its just something I dislike doing. My mom called me lazy when I told her. But the bathroom, my dishes and my lawn are my week spots. Some of the things about being grown up that I just don't like and cannot seem to do as well as I would like. I don't think its lazy to identify a week spot and hire someone else to come in and make up for where I lack.

I also looked into having someone come mow my lawn and I will continue to borrow my parents dishwasher until I move into a place that has one. My lease is up in two months, I just hope I can find a place.

How is everyone else doing cleaning wise?

Uneek1
06-26-08, 01:40 PM
Well,....uh.....I finally sorted the Ramone Cars from the Pixar Cars. I keep buying different ones thinking I (I mean the kids. LOL) don't have it yet. There's 7 different Ramones and I have them all. Next I need to sort out the Lightning McQueens. Probably have all of them too.

How useful is that??? LOL. I'm trying to train myself to make the bed each day. I love it made. Husband could care less so it's my job. Doin' pretty good on that.

MECMR
06-28-08, 05:25 PM
Good for everybody! I posted on another thread already about my cleaning adventures today. But I have to share it again, cleaning up my room today I found a box containing my diamond earrings! YIPPEE!!! I thought those were long gone, and I have been feeling like a fool over it. But there they were, under a pile of paperbacks that had fallen off the nightstand!

So for those looking for motivation, get out there (or in there) and pick something up! You might find something wonderful!

(You might also find something that needs a hazardous materials crew, but hey...:D)

Leigha01
06-28-08, 06:45 PM
Hey, I think I am going to join this little crew. Hope starting late isn't a bad thing. I read and saw the things you have done so I thought I would share my progress.

I bought my house in Jan, didn't move in until March due to remodel. But still so many things in boxes. UGGH!!

Anyway last week I got all of the boxes in the living room out of there and finally can see the entire floor!! HOORAY for me!!!

HitAndRun
06-28-08, 10:03 PM
My house is a mess. It needs a HUGE tidy.
Maybe tomorrow.
Procrasinate much?

Uneek1
06-29-08, 01:18 AM
My house is a mess. It needs a HUGE tidy.
Maybe tomorrow.
Procrasinate much?

Do I procrastinate?.....I'll let you know later. LOL.

curseandablessi
06-30-08, 07:33 AM
The Target has the 9 cube storage units on sale again. Oh Boy!! I got two yesterday for the den and stacked them. What I saved by building one myself in three days compared to buying it and putting it together in less than an hour for one and an hour and a half for two, I think is worth it.

What took up three small CD/DVD/Tape Racks fits in four of the spaces, leaving 14 for Books, the hubby's ball hats, and we still haven't sorted out the rest of the crap in the den. What is it about these cubbies that just makes me so happy??

auntchris
03-06-09, 12:40 PM
i use soap that is safe for th e planet.

- I love the seventh genaration products. Yes they are a little more expensive
but I am sensitive to soaps and cleaning products.

My dog penny can't stand to smell some of fumes from many products. Not even the orage clean products like the polish for wood.