View Full Version : Cleaning tip...

Five
06-04-08, 01:16 PM
If your 4yox paints her stained wood door bright pink with latex paint, it wil come off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and then latex paint remover. Thank GOD this works. :D

Five
06-05-08, 05:46 PM
I found out today that if your 4yox gets a bubble maker machine caught in her hair that a heavy conditioner and a rat tail comb helps to get it out. Some here will come out too.

Five
06-05-08, 07:07 PM
I found out today that if your 4yox gets a bubble maker machine caught in her hair that a heavy conditioner and a rat tail comb helps to get it out. Some here will come out too.

Good grief, that should be some HAIR.

Mary
06-05-08, 08:47 PM
UGH... I remember those days.

reesah
06-06-08, 12:46 AM
this thread made me laugh!

If you get bubble gum stuck in your hair because you fell asleep chewing it (at any age) peanut butter will get it out. At least that's what my hairdresser told me she was using, when this happened to me last month.

DotwithADD
06-06-08, 01:30 AM
this thread made me laugh!

If you get bubble gum stuck in your hair because you fell asleep chewing it (at any age) peanut butter will get it out. At least that's what my hairdresser told me she was using, when this happened to me last month.

Yup, that worked for me, too. How did I get gum in my hair??? I was filling up my gas tank, and some kids were in the back of a pick up truck and one kid threw some gum at me, just as they were leaving... the brats! So, I went home and remembered reading that peanut butter would get it out, and it did. It was worth messing up the peanut butter (I used a lot!) and having to buy some more. (Yes, I used my hands - didn't think to put it in a bowl with a spoon first and then use my hands to put it on my hair... instead of putting my hands in the jar:rolleyes:). Then I washed my hair. I can't remember if my hair smelled like peanut butter or not. I was just glad to get it out without having to get my hair cut (had long - well, shoulder-length hair).

meadd823
06-06-08, 02:04 AM
peanut butter will get it out

To get the peanut butter out of the hair one would use ????

Handi-tip for multiple child house holds

If one child super-glues the hand of another child to the dinning room table - nail polish remover with acetone applied to side of hand glued to table apply with q-tip {it can be a skin irritant } With a little patience this will un-glue said stuck child from the dinning room table - it will also remove any glossy or plastic coating from the table's surface as well - nope no ADD in my house

DotwithADD
06-06-08, 02:26 AM

If one child super-glues the hand of another child to the dinning room table - nail polish remover with acetone applied to side of hand glued to table apply with q-tip {it can be a skin irritant } With a little patience this will un-glue said stuck child from the dinning room table - it will also remove any glossy or plastic coating from the table's surface as well - nope no ADD in my house

For peanut butter - just shampoo the hair, until the peanut butter is out, and maybe rinse with vinegar (white vinegar)?

Prusilusken
06-06-08, 04:05 AM

LOL!!! *Roaring wtih laughter at the thaught of that situation!*
I KNOW it must have been reeeeally annoying at the time, but wow!
We ADHDs DO lead VERY comic cartoon like lives sometimes!!! :D

DeloresMelon
06-06-08, 08:52 AM
haven't tried it but I bet it would work... to get the peanut butter out make a paste of baking soda and water. take the offending hair section between your hands and with a nice size blob of baking soda paste rub your hands together.

The baking soda in all it's glory should do the trick, plus it has a gritty texture so that might also help dissolve the peanut butter. I've read a blog of a woman that uses baking soda paste for her shampoo and an apple cider vinegar/water rinse. I'm planning to try it. Years and years ago my hairdresser told me to use baking soda paste to wash out the built up hairspray in my hair. This was the eighties after all... LOL :p

Frankly I love peanut butter, but if someone doesn't wipe the knife after using it and leaves it in the sink, wet peanut butter makes me gag. lol

Now, someone tell me how to buff my daughter's (5yr) name out of:
my car (scratched in with a piece of mulch right on the drivers side door); the kitchen cabinet; the bedroom bookcase; the bunk beds; the window sill.......etc.

zoomman
06-06-08, 09:20 AM

Alternatively: Apply jam or jelly to peanut butter covered hair, place between two pieces of bread, eat! Rich in Vitamin K!

(NomNomNom)

Five
06-06-08, 06:02 PM
Thanks for all of your cleaning tips... If I ever have use of them (and you can bet I will), I will know where to look and who to ask.:)

DotwithADD
06-06-08, 06:39 PM
Alternatively: Apply jam or jelly to peanut butter covered hair, place between two pieces of bread, eat! Rich in Vitamin K!

(NomNomNom)

LOL - Yuck! Hairy PBJ sandwich! Still funny... LOL:D:D

Five
06-09-08, 06:00 PM
If you're 5yo son keeps showing up with Super Bubble Bubble Gum in his mouth after you thought you got rid of the stash because everywhere you turned around it was stuck to something like a wall or a toy, then check your flower beds. There is a good chance he has hidden a stash in the landscaping rocks. Hope my experience can help others...

curseandablessi
06-10-08, 08:01 AM
Has anyone just tried vegetable oil for gum?? I know it's good for sticky labels, seems like it would work for sticky gum.

UM peanut butter, I think I'll bake some cookies later.

reesah
06-10-08, 08:03 AM
I have waterproof tin with extra cigarettes in it, hidden in my garden

hahaha I never outgrew that

Five
06-10-08, 10:36 AM
I have waterproof tin with extra cigarettes in it, hidden in my garden

hahaha I never outgrew that

Oh lord, I'm going to have look for hidden stash in the flower beds for the rest of my life. Thanks for the warning.

reesah
06-11-08, 06:06 AM
if they have a drop ceiling, you should know that there's stuff up there, too.

And if they have a box spring...in between the springs, also, under drawers, like in the bureau, you can tape stuff to the bottom...I think that's an "older-kid" hiding spot though.,...and there can always be something in a sock (like the extra crayons. just in case! those are nice when the socks get washed, too.)

good luck on the treasure hunt :D