View Full Version : ADHD Direct - Lennoxtown, Scotland

Isotonic
06-23-08, 04:48 PM
Asking myself why I never found the UK forum earlier....

I noticed that kilted_scotsman mentiond ADHD Direct in one of his posts.

Apparently they provide adult assessment and treatment. Has anyone been there? If so, how did you get on?

http://www.adhddirect.co.uk/

Anniefi
12-24-08, 12:46 PM
Hi Isotonic,

I just came across your post. I was just wondering if you have tried this place yet? Ive been to see my GP a couple of times and now waiting for an appointment with the psychiatric nurse, but Doc says theres not actually any service for adult ADHD in the area (Perth & Kinross). So if this place is good i might suggest it to her, there doesnt appear to be much help for ADHD in Scotland!

kilted_scotsman
12-28-08, 03:05 AM
I was told by a psychiatrist in Scotland that a group of professionals are trying to set up and Adult ADD clinic in the fife/Stirling area.

You're not far from me Annefi... and I'd agree there's virtually nothing for Adult ADD in Scotland. It's been interesting for me as I've been the one educating the professionals I've met along the way.

I've found the psychiatric nurses and community mental health teams as much use as a chocolate fireguard. As far as ADHD direct is concerned I've had no contact with them. I did think about it a while ago but thought better of it... dunno why

kilted

Anniefi
01-02-09, 12:41 PM
Thanks Kilted,

If you don't mind me asking, where did you go to get diagnosed? Seeing as you're near me.