View Full Version : Psychiatrist Suggestion for Houston?

flirtingwithfate
06-25-08, 10:53 AM
Any suggestions for a psychiatrist in Houston? I just moved from Austin, and my previous one has no suggestions. I'm in the west Houston area, around Westheimer and Beltway 8 in the Westchase area.

I take Adderall (not very often, but important when studying) and Strattera, and I'd like to work with someone who isn't afraid to continue to prescribe Adderall.

I have Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Select Plus for the next year under my mom's plan, and possibly United Healthcare if I accept a job offer. I need a place that takes insurance.

Thanks for your help!

Katja
06-25-08, 09:26 PM
this is one option: http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node%2F28883&country=0&dlname=&dcity=houston&sid=44&dspecialty=Psychiatry&dgender=&zip=&radius=30.

I actually found a fantastic doctor like this (in MA), though it's probably not the first resource I'd recommend.. I've had bad luck getting referrals from other doctors, though. In terms of insurance or whatever, and what they're willing the prescribe, you could simply call them.

Bonnieboo
06-25-08, 10:13 PM
I'm seeing dr. david love next month. I haven't seen him yet, but I'll let you know if he's good. I'm seeing a neurologist next week.