View Full Version : Is anyone else bothered by Fireworks

bandie08
07-04-08, 10:46 PM
Is anyone else bothered by them? I hate the noise of them because it hurts my ears.

theta
07-04-08, 11:42 PM
No fan of loud noise. Walking my dogs last night it kind of spooked one of them. About to walk now maybe someone will try to launch an exploding rocket on us.

Mary
07-04-08, 11:55 PM
We stayed home.. instead of going to fireworks. Enough people setting stuff off around our neighborhood and all over town.

The dog thought it was a thunderstorm..and kept trying to drag me back in the house. I'm trying to teach her that she doesn't have to be jumpy at loud noises.

It doesn't help I have had another headache all evening. Which makes everything sound like it's 50 x louder than it actually is.

Someone thought it would be fun to buy M-80's..and set them off periodically. So for the last week, we've been jumping out of our skin, every time one goes off.

Lateralus
07-05-08, 01:32 AM
Actually, I love the noise of the fourth. The bigger and basser, the better. I like the noise better than the sights even.

loner
07-05-08, 02:05 AM
I love fireworks

Guest1
07-05-08, 02:08 AM
i can deal with it

Xeon
07-05-08, 03:27 AM
I used to love blowing off fireworks as kid, but now the sound just irritates me like nails on a chalk board. I used to enjoy blowing almost anything and everything up with black cats, M80's and bottle rockets. Now the noise just irritates me and get's me a little cranky. I now understand why adults didn't care for firecrackers as much as I did. I didn't even bother to try to get any fireworks this year, I just watched other peoples at the night time.

curseandablessi
07-05-08, 05:43 AM
I despise them. Someone threw a bottle rocket in my face when I was about 18, luckily I was able to throw it down and turn away.

The hubby loves them. They all get together and pool their money at the AA club and set off a huge amount of fireworks. From 100 ft away I was covered in fireworks debris, and was itching from all the bugs.

Six out of our seven dogs don't care about the noise or thunderstorms. One, who was a puppy mill mother locked in a tiny cage for her first five years of life, goes back to her spinning around in circles. So after I got home at ten I had to sit and hold her.

i4got
07-05-08, 08:14 AM
I don't mind them if they aren't in my backyard, and I choose to go see [and hear them]. They are completely legal here so it's not only loud, but the sky lights up all over the place. That's kind of pretty, but my puppy gets terrified...

speedo
07-05-08, 10:04 AM
I normally don't like loud noises but I do like to go to fireworks displays., so I tolerate the noise even though I'm a little stressed afterwards.

Me :D

HighFunctioning
07-05-08, 11:44 AM
The laws around here are rather restrictive, and while I don't care for the noise, I do enjoy the other aspects. Earplugs are cheap.

TygerSan
07-07-08, 01:45 PM
I jump alot! Don't really mind them that much now though, and kind of like the overwhelmed feeling I get during the finale, when there are so many shells going off at once, you can feel them vibrating in your chest (guess I'm sensory seeking that way!), but it takes me a while to relax at that point. If I know they're coming, I don't mind so much.

You know what I hate, though, are balloons popping. They always make me jump, and I'm jumpy around them because of it. The anticipation is always worse than the actual event, but I forget that every time!

mon.bleu
10-26-08, 04:00 AM
Hate them and always have. I used to cry and have a huge panic attack whenever I heard them when I was little. I can tolerate them more now but I still get jumpy when I hear them. :/

GlamourDollXoXo
03-29-09, 01:33 AM
I don't mind the fireworks that are far away and go off in the sky, but I don't like fire crackers or anything loud like shooting off cap guns or even balloons popping. At my highschool for our dances they would always make these huge balloon structures and of course stupid immature boys thought it was funny to pop them so I would never be able to enjoy the night and I would always be paranoid and looking around me to make sure no one had any balloons near me and if they did I made sure to cover my ears.