View Full Version : Desoxyn works well!

Sickle
07-15-08, 04:55 PM
My doctor put me on these pills and I take 5 mg 3 times per day and I don't feel all wired or anything even though I am not hungry at all and I think they work great.

Has anyone else had success with prescription methamphetamine? I like it better than Adderall or Ritalin so far.

SuzzanneX
07-15-08, 06:16 PM
WOW!
......that's great!

I'm glad it helps you, but I can't even consider using desoxyn.
...I know 15 mlgrms of meth...would lead to a whole bottle.

and then I'd be on the street looking for more that night.

.........congratulations!

I'm happy for you.

PinkFloyd1
07-17-08, 10:18 AM
Glad it is working for you! At first it did absolutely nothing for me. I too was prescribed 5mg 3x a day. I finally figured out what works for me. I take two together in the AM and am good all day. I take it for a sleep disorder. It is the only med I have had minimal side effects from. ( really I don't even believe I have any side effects from this ) I have tried Dex, Adderall, Ritalin, Provigil. Every one I developed a tolerance to and was only able to take it a few times a week. And had the horrible side effects. With Desoxyn, I have been on it for several months, take it every single day and feel fine. It scares me because I wonder how long it will last. My doctor believes it will catch up with me and I will need to take a holiday from it for a whole month. It seems to be the mildest drug I have taken. I know drugs work differently for people but I just don't understand how people can get so addicted to this stuff and why it has a bad rep. Now the Adderall I can see, that stuff had me crazy!

~boots~
07-17-08, 10:30 AM
I wonder if it's available in Australia...I'm glad it's working..Can you afford to lose a few pounds??

Sickle
07-17-08, 01:09 PM
I wonder if it's available in Australia...I'm glad it's working..Can you afford to lose a few pounds??
Not when I am trying to turn it into muscle, I exercise constantly because of the summer but I do it before and after I take them because I am nervous about side effects.

PinkFloyd1
07-18-08, 10:15 AM
On the Adderall and Dex, I had NO appetite. Unfortunately the Desoxyn does not suppress my appetite, and I LOVE to eat! I do exercise 3-4 times a week and I don't find that it makes any difference in how the medication works.

trying
07-22-08, 11:12 AM
Appetite suppression will typically develop tolerance in time with any adrenergic psychostimulant, but it's definitely not surprising that Desoxyn tends to cause less of this from the beginning --

1) reduced affinity for norepinephrine release, compared to d-amph
2) dextromethamphetamine = more central, less peripheral

Adrupert
08-09-08, 03:57 PM
WOW!
......that's great!

I'm glad it helps you, but I can't even consider using desoxyn.
...I know 15 mlgrms of meth...would lead to a whole bottle.

and then I'd be on the street looking for more that night.

.........congratulations!

I'm happy for you.

Unless you're railing your Desoxyn, oral ingestion of Methamphetamines has little potential for abuse or compulsive addictive behaviors.

Sickle
08-10-08, 10:49 AM
Update: I was increased to 45 milligrams the other day and I couldn't sleep for two days so I called up my pdoc and asked him if it was okay to bump down to 30 milligrams and I did and it works quite well at that dose.

Prusilusken
08-10-08, 11:18 AM
Hey congrats - happy for you!
Still waiting for meds here... :(

Not sure we have Dexodyn here...we probably don't.