View Full Version : adult ADD specialists in kent?

07-17-08, 10:59 AM
does anyone know of any doctors in kent who diagnose adult ADD? my current psychiatrist hasnt heard of adults having ADD and when my doctor spoke to her about me having it she reacted negativly

07-18-08, 03:36 AM
1. Dr Marios Adamou has a clinic in Canterbury, but I hear it may be closing soon due to lack of funding. You could, however, contact him and see if he knows of someone else.

2. You could also suggest to your psychiatrist that she check the website for the Royal College of Psychiatrists under "Learning Modules." There is a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) module for psychiatrists called "Adult ADHD."

3. You can also direct her to the soon-to-be published NICE Guidelines called "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Diagnosis and management of ADHD in children, young people and adults."

If you like, you can either email or pm me, and I will send links.

07-18-08, 04:55 AM
This pyschiatrist needs a good professional 'kicking'. If they are scheduled to see someone with a suspected illness they should, as a very minimun, have looked it up (ie know if it 'exists').

Otherwise known as negligence.

Have a quick read of this

And send that psy this witty e-mail address which can be used to contact the errrr Adult ADHD clinic at The Maudsley.