View Full Version : Just a question-ish thing on medication..

breeuh
07-20-08, 09:32 PM
I've always been questioning on the whole medication thing. I don't really want to blast my body with chemicals that will change my whole person and etc, which i've heard about medications such as ADD meds. I want to keep everything about myself, just i need to pay attention more and get my memory back (I'm basically diagnosed with innattentive ADD).
It scares me a lot to think this will just completely alter how i see things and how i think, how i'll perform in activties and subjects i believe the ADD helped me in and made me succeed in, in a greater level than most.
I was diagnosed with depression a couple months back and am on Prozzac. It's worked quite well i suppose, though i don't really believe i was depressed before. I have noticed that ever since the meds, my senses really have just dulled. I don't want to become numb, taking more that might take my own self out of my mind.

Any opinions/etc? Could anyone explain to me what ADHD meds are like and how they've effected you and such? : )
Thank youus <3

speedo
07-20-08, 10:17 PM
Either take the meds or not. The meds can work, not taking the meds definitely won't work.
I take my medication and I am more attentive, less hyperactive and less impulsive. That is all there is to it.

Me :D

CptRambo
07-22-08, 03:55 AM
I am still waiting for the change you speak of.It is still on the train.I thought about the meds changing me and I got scared for a second but,The more I change if you will,I realize that those thoughts are silly.I am still me just more capable of thinking moving ect..It Really is.For me atleast

livinginchaos
07-23-08, 12:36 PM
I think it's smart to question meds. However, you never know how something like ADHD meds can help unless you try. We can tell you how it's helped/not helped our lives, but ADHD med experiences are different for everyone.

Meds really helped me with school. I went from getting Ds and Cs to mostly As.
It helps me at home by helping me organize - my brain and my house, I remember things better, i'm more productive (not just jumping from one project to another).

Ultimately, you have to decide what's right for you. Also, if you're not happy on a med (such as anti-depressant or ADHD med), you gotta talk with your doc about it. What's the point in taking if it you're not happy with it?