View Full Version : Let's Get More Canadians On Here!

Lexicon
03-11-04, 08:26 PM
If your doctor specializes in ADD, or at least treats a number of ADDers, I have a call to make to you. Ask him/her to give this website out to other patients. I love that I've found a place where there's a dedicated forum to talk to other people about ADD in a Canadian context--I know the only real difference is the fewer number of drugs available here, but still, we all know Canadians rock. I told my doctor yesterday about the site and he's going to tell his patients about it, so hopefully we'll have some more people along--we need more conversation going in here.

Hrm, I guess all the non-Canadians should do this too, so the site gets even better than it is...

--

Hey, I think I just may lose my 'junior' status with this message. Woo hoo! :bowl:

Garry
03-11-04, 09:31 PM
Wait a minute

Im here and your here and BnB from Manatoba and someone from BC

Like how many people do you think Canada has

We dont even come out of our Igloos until April

Really that is an excellent thought

Garry
03-11-04, 09:36 PM
Once again Thank You Tara for the information on this post

Canada’s 1st Annual AD/HD Community Conference (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4809)

PS Any chance that you are going to come up to the land of the igloos for it Tara

waywardclam
03-12-04, 01:11 AM
I'm Canadian, eh?

I'll pass on the URL to the ADD doctor here in town... when I finally get into see him. Last I heard he was booked solid through June and I still haven't got a referral to him yet.

Lexicon
03-12-04, 11:21 AM
I was thinking that maybe in a couple years, when I'm done school, I might try starting up my own message board for Canadian ADDers. I looked up the cost of hosting and the software that runs this board and it's very reasonable. I could probably do it now, but I've got an upcoming wedding and law school to pay for. Plus, I probably wouldn't be able to put enough time into it right now to do it right. I know that with just a little help from ADD doctors we could get tons of people on the board and get some serious discussions going. We could ask some doctors themselves to come on occassionally, as well as have people who read the medical journals and post ADD- and Canada-relevant information. Is this a 'Bad Idea'? Should I be happy with a mixed board with people from all over? Scratch that--I'm very happy that I found this place, but I'm just thinking bigger (or would that be smaller?). Am I an evil separatist? Please don't hate me, BIG. :sad:

If I seem overly excited about this, it's just because I get these 'big ideas' from time to time, where I get all obsessed over some new thing I've found. It usually passes as I get all obsessed with something else. Anyone else like this? I think it's a pretty normal thing for ADDers--to get grand ideas, but not follow them through to their completion.

waywardclam
03-12-04, 11:57 AM
CanADDians?

Tara
03-12-04, 12:18 PM
We actually have quite a few active Canadians here. Maybe instead of starting your own board or site you could become more active with existing ones like ADD Forums.

Andrew
03-12-04, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Lexicon
Please don't hate me, BIG. :sad:

Why would I hate you? You're welcome, of course, to do as you please, but as Tara has said, why duplicate the effort? If you want to create an active Canadian ADD forum, I can think of at least one place that already exists that you could get involved in :D

Lexicon
03-12-04, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by livingwithadd
We actually have quite a few active Canadians here. Maybe instead of starting your own board or site you could become more active with existing ones like ADD Forums.

I am! I love it here. Anyway, my suggestion was probably more a result of my ADD-induced excitement than anything else... I probably wouldn't have the patience to start a board of my own. Although it would be fun to find out for sure.

I've got too much on my plate right now to try to do anything like this for a while anyway.

Garry
03-12-04, 06:47 PM
Grin That was a cute discussion

yes Big -Why re-invent the wheel (pardon the accidental pun)

this board is multinatinal or would uni-natinatial be a better way of expressing it

ADD doesnt care what country we live in - it treats us all the same and by being united we can see what is happening in other countrys with regards to dealing with it

shteklatte
03-29-04, 12:46 AM
hey, great idea lexicon!

Only thing annoying me in this forum that could be changed through a canadian one, would be to be able to speak french.
I'm bilingual so i don't care, but i know that the forum policy is to write in english only.

TO THE ADMINS : If you get a french speaking moderator, you can monitor any french posts, without concerns for innapropriate posts.

Lex,
Listen to any post rock ?

[DO MAKE SAY THINK]

waywardclam
03-29-04, 02:17 AM
Bonne idee, shteklatte! :D

QueensU_girl
07-18-05, 02:31 PM
re: #1 (Lexicon)

have you considered assembling a Resource List of ADD Doctors, by Ontario regions?

Caveat: I don't know how i feel about such a list being *posted* publicly, but i think it would be okay for one ADD Forum person having such a list -- to release regionally, on a case-by-case basis.

(e.g. Doctors could be hounded by [non-ADD] stimulant-seekers who are "doctor shopping" if a list were publicly posted.)

Thoughts?

Emma
:)

acadianadder
09-08-05, 08:46 AM
Salut from the Acadianadder!

i cant tell you all how refresing it is to finally connect online to a whole universe of likeminded souls like me! Like many of you i have been diagnosed thank god as a classic add adult poster boy 3 years ago in NB.

As you may imagine there is no support groups for adults like me we are still marginalize with all those warped stereotypes and left on our own to take care of our health. I apparently knock the meter into orbit on my connors evaluation according to my therapist. He says to look at it as good news that proves once and for all that I am not selling swamp land in orbit!

I currently take 20mlg of paxil, and 100 milg of ritalin! Of course many think I am a pill popper but the honest truth is that the stuff works put goes through my system like there is no tomorow! i would appreciate any help an support from you.

Merci Beacoup!