View Full Version : wellbrutrin and safety

failurebydesign
07-23-08, 03:20 PM
heyas
i've been bulimic for a good 10 years now, and just when i thought there was no way out ritalin saved me. im not rx'ed concerta, but although there are great days where i can rationalize night time binging, there are also more days where i will do it once in the night. this is a big improvement from 5-7 times a day, but the problem is when i binge i binge. and on concerta for some reason my puking ability is severly impaired so i end up getting soooo mad at myself for giving in to my impulse and im afraid i might decide to give up meds if i cant stop this happening. which i dont want to do because its my ed talking and not rationality.

i want something to add to the concerta to give a longer and stronger impulse control mechanism. and also to stabilise my mood, because im also quite a depressive and dont have the motivation to do other things to distract myself from the negative spiral of emotions that are intrinsic to me now.

i've heard wellbrutrin is a good mix for concerta, but am worried because it is contra-indicated with bulimia since of the seizure risk. has anyone with an ed tried it and what did u think of it? do u think its too dangerous? if so do u have any tips or meds u think will provide synergy for better self-control, motivation and mood.

thanks
ally

failurebydesign
07-24-08, 01:28 PM
sorry ignore the above post- i had a bad day and forgot about all the good days and progress. i don't think adding wellbrutrin will be safe personally- or that its worth the risk. im findind that i jump the gun too often and forget that meds can help so much the rest is up to me. concerta gave me impulse control -its up to me to do the rest and i can. i think i can...i hope i can. just got to remember that negativity about beating this was justified before i started meds but the unbelievable turnaround evidences this time it will be different.

sorry for the wasted post

bubbles34
07-31-08, 10:52 AM
heyas
i've been bulimic for a good 10 years now, and just when i thought there was no way out ritalin saved me. im not rx'ed concerta, but although there are great days where i can rationalize night time binging, there are also more days where i will do it once in the night. this is a big improvement from 5-7 times a day, but the problem is when i binge i binge. and on concerta for some reason my puking ability is severly impaired so i end up getting soooo mad at myself for giving in to my impulse and im afraid i might decide to give up meds if i cant stop this happening. which i dont want to do because its my ed talking and not rationality.

i want something to add to the concerta to give a longer and stronger impulse control mechanism. and also to stabilise my mood, because im also quite a depressive and dont have the motivation to do other things to distract myself from the negative spiral of emotions that are intrinsic to me now.

i've heard wellbrutrin is a good mix for concerta, but am worried because it is contra-indicated with bulimia since of the seizure risk. has anyone with an ed tried it and what did u think of it? do u think its too dangerous? if so do u have any tips or meds u think will provide synergy for better self-control, motivation and mood.

thanks
ally

I took wellbutrin and it did nothing for me, no antidepressant did. It gave no help and no side effects. To be honest, no antidepressant has ever helped with my eating which is why I am being tested for adhd. I would suggest maybe instead of adding on another pill, to up your dose on this one OR switch to another adhd med that may be stronger at controlling binge eating. I am in the same boat and hopefully these meds will save me too.