View Full Version : I Got A PDA!! Palm T/X!! Now What??

curseandablessi
07-26-08, 08:04 AM
It came from Amazon on Thursday!!

It's a requirement for my nursing clinicals we'll get this thing from nursing central with the drug, lab, and med dictionary and something else once all that stuff is available at the student bookstore. We weren't allowed to use a smartphone as they aren't permitted in the hospitals.

So what else can I do with it?? I saw some shopping list software that looked interesting. It already has some document software to tote word and excel along with you.

Any tips on using the internet part of it??

I've been using a franklin-covey paper planner with good luck for about 6 months. So I'm a bit wary about change.

Michiko74
07-31-08, 03:08 PM
I just got my PDA It's a Palm Treo 700, so it's a phone and PDA altogether :) And when I say just, I'm talking this morning! *wheeee!*

I'm really interested in downloading the drug manual and some programs to keep track of my lists. Anyway, I'll report back on how well I use it.

xraylady33
07-31-08, 03:24 PM
OH..it does everything..manage B-days wtih reminder..keeps all personal contacts and you can add all numbers-e-mails, and favorite color if you want. Many times you can download games..there is a palm web-site..cheap.
Note pad, keeps a calendar with all holidays pertinent to your religion..
If you enable internet, obviously you will get everything..search networks, for best pricing and availability in your area...
Have fun!

curseandablessi
07-31-08, 03:27 PM
I found some free palm os games at a site called pdamill, I paid for the shopping list software from palm, and I hate it. It's a pain to set it up.

AnalogDog
08-12-08, 12:43 AM
There is a database that I like to use, which is Handy Shopper. Its based around going grocery shopping, but now I use it for everything else. I have my CD collection on it, with stuff I am interested in buying, all the names of the plants in my yard, the books I have been reading, and so on.

HandyShopper is freeware.

I also use a medicine program called OnTimeRX, which reminds me that I need to take my meds. I prefer it over my watch as it is able to be quieted, and delayed and provides a log for when I last took my meds. OnTimeRX is shareware. I do not recommend the Windows program that it can sync with, when syncing, it had this problem of showing screen frames opening and closing during the sync. Besides the Palm program was expensive enough, the Windows program would have doubled the cost.