View Full Version : Am I viable?

Poolboy
07-29-08, 11:55 PM
I've been "getting by" on 150-200mg/day of Adderall in conjunction with 400mg/day of Provigil -- which at first made me feel like I was dancing with the devil's wife and all with that high a dose of amphet salt -- I had no prior exposure. This dosage is not by way of tolerance, I should add. It's nothing more than threshold, as it's been this way from the very begining. My psych, of course, is aware of this but is insisting on switching me over to Concerta. It makes no sense to me, given that, at least in my mind, the adderall served as a good indication of potential. It did work. (I also have concerns about going straight to Concerta w/o trying the actual generic first, which is cheaper, but never mind.) From what I've read of Desoxyn, it doesn't seem like it would hurt to at least try (but maybe I've not read as much as I should). Anyone feel me?

Maurice
07-30-08, 01:31 AM
[quote=Poolboy;619773]I've been "getting by" on 150-200mg/day of Adderall in conjunction with 400mg/day of Provigil -- which at first made me feel like I was dancing with the devil's wife and all with that high a dose of amphet salt -- I had no prior exposure. This dosage is not by way of tolerance, I should add. It's nothing more than threshold, as it's been this way from the very begining. My psych, of course, is aware of this but is insisting on switching me over to Concerta. It makes no sense to me, given that, at least in my mind, the adderall served as a good indication of potential. It did work. (I also have concerns about going straight to Concerta w/o trying the actual generic first, which is cheaper, but never mind.) From what I've read of Desoxyn, it doesn't seem like it would hurt to at least try (but maybe I've not read as much as I should). Anyone feel me?[/quote

" Getting by on 150-200mgs. of Adderall with 400mgs. of Provi
gil?? Yes I "feel you"
I feel you need a pair of glasses. Are you sure you don't mean 15- 20mgs.
I like to meet the "doctor" that prescribes this dosage.
And tell me how do you pay the $1000.00 it would cost to buy that quantity of Adderall??

Poolboy
07-30-08, 10:27 AM
$1000? If I was taking XR, yes it would cost that much. Provigil's around 600 a month w/o insurancec. But I have really really good insurance for once.

BattleRoyale26
07-30-08, 02:05 PM
If you are on 200 mgs of Adderall a day, and 400 mgs of Provigil a day, your doctor has some serious issues. Maybe you are narcoleptic or something but Jesus... your heart is literally going to explode. You might as well just skip the ********* and eat fistfuls of crank all day.

Poolboy
08-04-08, 03:23 AM
Well thanks, guys, for all the great advice you took the time to give. Seriously, try to understand the issue first before you attack. Adderall only works for me at those dosages, which, I guess, make me an alien or something. Now, when I say that I do not mean that 200mg of Adderall a day is the most I can take before I feel like I'm going to die. I mean, Jesus, I'm on a forum that discusses the use of methamphetamine, which I cannot be sure you guys actually take. I just was casting a line out to see if there was anyone who could answer my question. If you had nothing to say, then you shouldn't have took the time. Yes, guys, I know I take a humongous dose of Amphet. I know. I know. I know. However, you don't know me or the way with which my body interacts with said drug. Apparantly you biology is different from mine. But thank for at the very least, saying something.

arzone
08-04-08, 01:50 PM
Your dose of Adderall is too high.

sloppitty-sue
08-04-08, 06:15 PM
I bet that over 100mgs of Adderall per day would work very well for me also. However - in my neck of the woods, ADHDers are only allowed to work up to 40mgs per day at the most! (60mgs on the rare occasion, but only after two or three opinions, letters written, etc.) I guess that's why it's hard for some of us to believe that there are actually doctors who would prescribe 3 or 4 times more than that.

And if you have problems staying awake you are never given drugs for that around my way. You are given info about possible CAUSES for you to research indefinitely (which really sucks, but it's like "tough $h!t" say the doctors).

It's just really hard to believe that a responsible legite, above-board doctor in another part of the U.S. would be able to treat patients with amounts that doctors over here view as unreasonable, irresponsible, and practically illegal. I know of no doctors who would ever GO THERE! (Just my experience. Perhaps I need to move.)

Sue

Danuts
08-04-08, 07:34 PM
Hopefully your Dr. checks your blood pressure regularly.

TygerSan
08-06-08, 03:56 PM
I don't know if this applies for stimulants (suspect it does), but you might be a rapid metabolizer. Do you have problems with other classes of drugs besides stimulants?

There are enzyme pathways in the liver which break down drugs, and the efficiency of those enzymes can differ from person to person. Some people require high doses of drug because they break them down so quickly.

http://www.mcmanweb.com/drug_metabolism.html

Adrupert
08-09-08, 03:53 PM
Well, I would assume you would need a similar amount of desoxyn to be effective, and quite frankly 100mg+ of Methamphetamine could have catastrophic consequences on your brain. Trust me, I take desoxyn (25mg a day MAX) and it definitely has an effect on your mood, etc. In my experience, it is no more powerful than adderall, i just prefer the side effects of desoxyn over adderall. Also, the cost of such a high amount of desoxyn would be insanely high.

Prusilusken
08-09-08, 05:41 PM
Hey poolboy, I'm sorry that you have to go through this.
I don't know why you have to take doses that are so high, but I think what ever reason, it's probably hard on your system, and as long as you merely feel like your getting by, I'd be open to your doctor's suggestions about trying other meds.

If he wants to try out Concerta first, he probably has reasons for choosing that particular brand. Have you asked him how come Concerta?
Don't get me wrong, I know these guys can be hard to get an explanation out of.

Also, I'm wondering whether TygerSan has a point.
Maybe you should get that checked out?
I was tested for it two years ago, because I didn't seem to react well on any meds (none of them ADHDmeds, but still) and I don't have it, but I know there's a test for it - maybe you should take that.

If not for anything else, then to have something to write to people who seem to decide basically to insinuate that you have to be either retarded, a lier or a junkie when you disclose the doses you're on. ;)

Good luck with it!

Another thing is, I think I'd go for a second oppinion from another doctor, just to be on the safe side.

Contrapunctus
09-07-08, 02:23 PM
I had no prior exposure. This dosage is not by way of tolerance, I should add. It's nothing more than threshold, as it's been this way from the very begining.

Hold on, so you started at this dose?

No physician would prescribe a huge initial dose like that, as it would lead to an overdose for most non-tolerant individuals. Something does not sound right.

Also, keep in mind, an equivalent dose of Desoxyn will cost roughly $150 per day (actually slightly more), and no insurance is going to cover the nearly $5000/month cost. But, I don't even see this situation as possible, so i suppose it is irrelevant...

ikgbixcal
10-29-08, 03:30 PM
its not pure meth its just an isomer of meth. effects are different