View Full Version : controling anger and impulsiveness to hit some one from your anger

Guest1
08-03-08, 10:54 AM
please i need help

calvary1980
08-03-08, 11:01 AM
try Zoloft before you commit to any kind of extensive treatment. it wont imprison you but it will stop you from going over the edge atleast from my experience.

- Christine

Guest1
08-03-08, 11:18 AM
is that a med?try Zoloft before you commit to any kind of extensive treatment. it wont imprison you but it will stop you from going over the edge atleast from my experience.

- Christine

calvary1980
08-03-08, 11:43 AM
yes. schedule an appointment with your family physician. he or she may refer you to a support group or therapist instead of medication or do both.

- Christine

Guest1
08-04-08, 01:55 PM
ok thanks

strange&unusual
08-05-08, 12:45 AM
See your doctor asap to assess the problem and treat accordingly. The mere fact that you asked for help here is a indication that you will be okay.

I have suffered the same impulsive urges to physically hit out and I am happy to say that it can be controlled successfully, in my case medication.

Louder Than Love
08-05-08, 05:06 AM
Yes, do please..... see your doctor pretty quickly. theres always one MAJOR sign that something is wrong....

Pain, of any sort. mental or physical.

I do hope you find some peace.
So glad you asked for help, that in itself is a relief.

planetdave
08-05-08, 05:30 AM
Is there more stress than usual in your life that could be causing it or is it a long term thing?

I'm feeling the same way (rammed a vehicle with someone in it at work - not good) but that's way over the top for me..I usually kick boxes to work off my frustrations but I know I'm more stressed than usual at the moment. I'm dealing with that by changing job - removing the cause of the primary stress that causes your aggression will obviously be the best thing.

Either way you'll be needing to intercept your aggression before you do something you'll regret later...if it's acute then a little light damping by meds should hold you, long term it's best to train yourself to deflect that energy into something positive by mental and physical methods. Hard exercise is good and cognitive behaviour therapy too but a great way to combine the lot into one package is to do a martial art. That way you can beat hell out of someone padded up to take it and (if you chose the right one) they teach you techniques to quiet your mind down too.

Mary
08-05-08, 05:44 AM
Marytza, it's 5:30ish here as I write this, so forgive me if I sound grouchy or don't get this worded quite right.

I'm assuming from your post that things aren't going well with your fiance. That you're fed up enough to want to lash out physically from the stress that has been building up over the last few months as a result of not getting around to working things out communication wise between the 2 of you. If that's not the case, please correct me and I'll ask forgiveness in advance.

We have gently given you the advice to get into counseling on many instances when you've been upset. -- Have you done this yet?

No relationship is going to work unless both parties are willing to put their best foot forward, so to speak and take initiative at working things out.

If he's not willing to do any of this, then go yourself. A counselor/therapist will have prospective on the situation from what you tell them.. even if they only get your side of it. They will be able to give you advice that some of us may not be able to.

Procrastinating over getting help only delays the inevitable and brings more heartache into your life. Heartache leads to depression, depression leads to stress, stress leads to ulcers.. - can you see where I'm going with this? Your health gradually deteriorates and so do your other relationships...whether it's with your family, your friends, etc

So... I'm adding my two cents worth and asking that you see your doctor, as soon as possible. See what they can do to help, even if it's a referall to the therapist.

Guest1
08-05-08, 08:08 AM
who even said is my fiance is not even him actually and we doing very well in reality

Mary
08-05-08, 12:56 PM
who even said is my fiance is not even him actually and we doing very well in reality

I'm glad it's not your fiance. I really am. You haven't posted lately how that was going, so I apologize *again* for that assumption.

I still agree with the other posters.. about seeing the doctor and letting them know what's going on with you. They can help you with this, whether it's meds or counseling, or both.

Lashing out at people in anger, means something is wrong... it could be for any reason...even underlying health issues.

Letting it go untreated, will only risk things escalating out of control.

mark26
08-28-08, 04:37 PM
yea i may be new here but from what i have read a doctor will be good and what got to so bent out shape