View Full Version : need ADHD Doctor in WA

momof2cuties
08-07-08, 09:41 PM
I am in search of an ADHD doctor near Seattle/Tacoma WA. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

DeloresMelon
08-08-08, 07:32 AM
If you have insurance, check their website and do a search using location. My insurance has a pretty nifty feature that allows me to search specifically for certain specialties, proximity to my zip code, male or female, etc.

while not a way to find the perfect doctor, it does help narrow the field.

~boots~
08-08-08, 09:01 AM
I thought you meant where I live.. WA ...
Western Australia :)

oopsie

Ravenna
08-11-08, 01:22 AM
I thought you meant where I live.. WA ...
Western Australia :)

oopsie
Hey Boots, Id be interested in that info if you dont mind.....seeing a psych on Friday, 1st step towards diagnosis.....

ashtonns_mom
08-12-08, 10:55 PM
Pediatric Associates in Bellevue - Dr. Harlan Gephart - excellent pediatrician that specializes only in ADD/ADHD children. I found him via Google, try it and you'll see all sorts of articles, reports, and conferences he's done.

Eilrahc
09-02-08, 03:33 PM
There is an Amen clinic in Tacoma I belive. Google Dr. Daniel Amen and it should give you the info on his website. The only reason I know is cause I was searching for the same thing and I live in Vancouver WA.

If you can afford it I think the Amen clinic will be the best you can get.

BarbP
04-02-09, 12:48 AM
Well, I'm a bit late to this thread (I've got ADHD, what do you expect? :D), but I'll repeat what I posted in the WA section.... if you're looking for a therapist in the Seattle/Tacoma area, I can highly recommend:

Ross L. Mayberry, PhD
4102 North Stevens Street, Tacoma, WA, 98407
620 15th Avenue East, Seattle, WA, 98112
Phone: (253) 761-1258

He's a licensed psychologist who specializes in treating teens and adults with ADD/ADHD.... good with co-existing disorders too.... can't prescribe, of course, but has a detailed understanding of medication issues.... and he's got ADHD himself, so he "gets it" in a way that many other therapists don't.