View Full Version : Web reminder services

chowmix
08-11-08, 11:44 AM
I've been using the site iwantsandy.com for an easy to use and free reminder service. (I have no financial interest in this site, just am a a very enthusiastic user). Sandy is a 'virtual assistant' who you talk with in 'conversational' emails and receive friendly reminders for stuff you need to do.

((Another, similar site is http://www.rememberthemilk.com/ . I've used both but prefer the iwantsandy.))

About the 'iwantsandy' website.

It's been a great aid since you can add to it anytime you have access to email or a cell phone and get reminders by email AND cell phone. As you might expect, I'm horrible at remembering things like my dog's birthday, taking out garbage, etc

You can add to your calender at the website or from your cell phone or two email addresses. This is what differentiates this site from using outlook, yahoo, hotmail, gmail or other web based calendars. You don't have to be sitting at your computer to update or change your schedule.

You can send a message like this to sandy

remind me to pick up the bacon 7pm tuesday
remember fido's birthday is january 7 @yearly
remind me to take out the garbage wednesday evening @weekly

And you'll get a reminder to pick up the bacon at 6:45 the next tuesday and not forget your dog's birthday again, and you'll be reminded every wednesday night to stick you an out on the street.

sandy can also store phone numbers, todos and bits of information that you can inquire via text message like this:

lookup joan's address

and sandy will text back the information you've got about joan regarding her address.

moo4dougie
08-11-08, 02:50 PM
I am very excited about the possibilties of using one of these two services. I appreciate deeply your post.

Sandy4957
08-11-08, 10:20 PM
Guys, guys, guys, PUHLEEZ...

I know you all want Sandy, but there's only so much Sandy to go around, you know?

Titter. Giggle. Snort.

Sandy

nwbucket
08-03-10, 01:41 PM
Another good free program is Reqall. They also have an Iphone app. With the iPhone app you can also speak up to 30 seconds and it translates to text.