View Full Version : Livescribe: electronic pen for adders!

Jackinbox
08-13-08, 11:28 AM
Have you heard of the Livescribe? It's a pen that register all the notes you take but also link the sound to what is being writen. Later, you just have to "click" on your writing and you can hear what has been recorded the moment you wrote that down. You can upload all your writing + sound on your computer and there is a bunch of others functionalities and more to come. Have a look! If only I had one of those pen at school!

http://livescribe.com (http://livescribe.com/)

Tara
08-13-08, 03:16 PM
I won one of these in a contest through Facebook a couple of months ago. It is a really cool tool!

Jackinbox
08-19-08, 07:05 PM
I won one of these in a contest through Facebook a couple of months ago. It is a really cool tool!

Really? Tell me more? Do you use it? Does it work as described? I envy you! I want ooone! But not available in Canada yet :(

SuzzanneX
08-19-08, 09:24 PM
I'd loose it within an hour.

SuzzanneX
08-21-08, 02:16 PM
which it good, because it's clearly reporting everything you write back to the devil.
.....And the government.

LOL!

Godson20
09-28-08, 10:29 PM
I want this thing so bad. I have a really tough time knowing what and what not to write down.....

I didn't get anything for my 21st birthday....

IDK if I should bye this or not ahhhh !

Especially since I'm a pre-med student, the some concepts just listening one more time.... I have to do more research but this is something I will consider getting very soon.

StephXoRRrr
10-10-08, 03:24 AM
Holy ****, this would have been so much useful for me in high school.. x__x

If anyone ever finds a writer that does the same thing for laptops, PM me please, I only use my laptop to take notes now as I can't write fast enough :P

chowmix
10-10-08, 12:06 PM
I'd loose it within an hour.

ROFL -- I NEVER use a pen costing more than 10 cents or sunglasses costing more than 5 dollars or reading glasses costing more than 10 dollars. I have to text my cell phone to find it at least once a week.

I'm sure I'd lose the livescribe within 47 minutes of purchase.

I leave EVERYTHING where I last used it and am NOTORIOUS for 'borrowing' pens, placing them in my pocket and walking off. I seriously ticked off a guy who was a bit rankled that I walked off with some sort of gold and titanium pen that cost a days wages.

I've been like this since I was 5. Don't blame my 52 year old brain!

hillzy
10-10-08, 12:54 PM
can you write on any paper with this pen?

because I think I've seen something similar, but the notes only work if you use the paper that comes with the damn thing which is fairly ... um, stupid in my opinion...

Looks like a great investment .. I'm actually considering it .. does anyone know how close you need to be in range for this little bugger to record lecture?

letsconcentrate
10-10-08, 05:31 PM
yes these problems we have not putting stuff in its right place. crikey ... I am the only guy in the office who wears a Tool Belt
which makes sure everthing stays close to were i need it.......pen stapler calc. etc

Nial
I havea good selection of sunglasses pens etc, and havent a clue where they came from.

StephXoRRrr
10-11-08, 09:35 PM
yes these problems we have not putting stuff in its right place. crikey ... I am the only guy in the office who wears a Tool Belt
which makes sure everthing stays close to were i need it.......pen stapler calc. etc

LMAO!!
"Are you talking to me?! ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?! *Pointing a stapler*"

chowmix
10-11-08, 10:38 PM
I havea good selection of sunglasses pens etc, and havent a clue where they came from.

They probably came from me!:)