View Full Version : Friday 8/22 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
08-21-08, 11:59 PM
Okay people, each Friday I'll start a new thread for everyone to post their results in. Remember, we want the weight gain or loss, and days that you worked out written down. I will be keeping records of all of this and tracking it for everyone, so please keep everything to the threads that I post each Friday so as to not cause me undue burden.:)

I'm kind of starting this one early, because I don't know when everyone will want to weigh in. This is the first one, so I wanted to give you a feel for what we'll be doing each week.

I'll post my results in the morning. That is usually when I way myself.

So, without further ado.........show us what you did last week!

DotwithADD
08-22-08, 12:26 AM
Only weighed in at our family med dr yesterday (Wed.) at 187, I think... 3 months ago, I weighed in at 188. Only lost 1 # in 3 months:mad:. I've got to exercise more... but I don't want to... need some encouragement. (I'm 5'4" tall - I'm well rounded... LOL - no, that's not funny... :confused::o).

Help!!

MECMR
08-22-08, 12:47 AM
Okay, first week, here I go!

Weigh in at the gym yesterday: 167.5 (or 167.75...I'll go with the .5, hee!)

1 hour workout at the gym Wednesday with my personal trainer. This is my first full workout in three weeks after a back injury. It felt really good, and I didn't lose a lot of muscle tone, so I was happy!

4 walks this week of 15 minutes each. 6 walks of 10 minutes each, 1 walk of 25 minutes.

justcallmedorie
08-22-08, 05:27 AM
Up 'til today for this week, I've done my C25K 3 times (will be 4 after this morning) and I've gone from 129 to 127.5, so -1.5. (I'm 5'2" so don't go getting all "jealous" of my weight-LOL, I should weigh 118 to be smack in the middle of the BMI chart).

Happy trails y'all.

justcallmedorie
08-22-08, 06:45 AM
Just got back in from my 4th C25K for the week.

Will we be posting in this thread until next Friday now, or should we go back to the original GFC thread...?

20trackedmind
08-22-08, 08:24 AM
weight on Tues- 141 lbs
weight on Frid- 139 lbs (-2lbs)

Tues- yoga 20 min
Wednesday-walk 1.5 miles
Thurs- Run- 1mile, walked 45 minutes

Weight history-
PS I am 5"6 and my goal is 130lbs. And I am big boned with an athletic build. Seriously, My doc tells me I am considered to have a large frame. Of course when I was as skinny as a rail in school, peers loved to point this out to me. Huge knees, feet, hands and shoulders. My after prego weight 1 .5 yrs ago was 175 got down to 135 when I was riding 2 hours of dressage 4-6 times a week,:D then gained 5 lbs in the last three months when money got tight and had to stop.:( Anyhow, 130lbs is my goal.:) Side note.... The weight is not as improtant as the toning up. I would rather be a firm size 8 than a flabby size 6. And yes, I have been both.

mADD mike
08-22-08, 08:59 AM
This weeks results:

-6 pounds

Worked out: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday

Cool, but I've always been able to lose fast at first, and this time I need to stick with it no matter how much I lose. It makes me feel better to exercise anyway, so I'm cool with that, even though I need to lose some weight.

Remember, in the end, this is about getting fit, not losing weight. So if there are people out there working out and not losing, that is fine, let us know what you are doing as far as exercise go. It helps us all to get or stay in shape, and helps our mental focus as ADDers.

mADD mike
08-22-08, 09:53 AM
Just got back in from my 4th C25K for the week.

Will we be posting in this thread until next Friday now, or should we go back to the original GFC thread...?

We can go back to the original GFC thread. This is just for results. If we post too much in here, it makes me have to dig through everything to find the results. This is more just for results, though there is nothing wrong with congratulating someone or discussing something that was brought up in here, it will be easier on me to keep these results threads just for results if possible.

Grafter
08-22-08, 10:37 AM
Okay, Monday weigh in and Friday weigh in

M - 199.6
F - 194.8
That's 4.8 pounds.

Worked out Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday.

At 6'2' the weight isn't a problem, and I apparently have an extremely high metabolism which can burn off a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough in 12 hours.

But the benefit was feeling a lot better overall due to increased activity that wasn't work related (I have an "active" job,as well.)

Not sure what's going to happen in the near future.... I have a back problem which could potentially be flaring back up... hope not.

Not an excuse, just a thought that I might need to look at other activities to participate in down the road.

ggal
08-22-08, 10:37 AM
Results:

Weight Loss: - 5 lbs

Workouts:
Weds: Swimming: 1 hr
Thurs: 40 sit ups
Fri: Swimming: 1 hr

amythyst
08-22-08, 03:52 PM
I'm officially starting today as I just brought home my new wii complete with wii fit :)

no weight loss as of yet

exercise:
Friday - 2 hours on the Wii...don't say it's not exercise unless you've tried it!

mADD mike
08-22-08, 04:09 PM
I'm officially starting today as I just brought home my new wii complete with wii fit :)

no weight loss as of yet

exercise:
Friday - 2 hours on the Wii...don't say it's not exercise unless you've tried it!

What do you think of it?

I've got one, but haven't put it out and used it yet. I got all excited and went out and bought one, then got distracted by other things and haven't even hooked it up yet. I might tonight, but I think my wife got me sick, so I may not feel up to much tonight. My throat is sore, my head full of congestion, probably have a slight fever, etc. We like to share things, and she started getting sick Wednesday night, so now it's my turn.

Grafter
08-22-08, 04:12 PM
That's a terrible gift. White elephant it.

mADD mike
08-22-08, 05:01 PM
That's a terrible gift. White elephant it.

I'd love too, but my in our history it usually happens that my wife gets something and has it for 24-48 hours, then gives it to me, and I have it for a week. She just loves me that much. It wasn't until this year that I finally got her sick, so I guess this is payback, though we'll never be even after the first 8 years of marriage.

amythyst
08-22-08, 05:36 PM
What do you think of it?

I've got one, but haven't put it out and used it yet. I got all excited and went out and bought one, then got distracted by other things and haven't even hooked it up yet. I might tonight, but I think my wife got me sick, so I may not feel up to much tonight. My throat is sore, my head full of congestion, probably have a slight fever, etc. We like to share things, and she started getting sick Wednesday night, so now it's my turn.

The wii is pretty awesome so far...you just plug it in and go..it tracks everything for you, does a fitness test and makes you set a goal weight/bmi. You can input activities you do outside the wii as well. Super addictive...I didn't realize until it told me to take a break that I was tired, sweating and had been on it for an hour!!

There is yoga, strength, aerobics and balance games. For the days you don't want to do anything there are a ton of easy activities that can help get you going (great for sick days), and lots of tougher things to push yourself.

I imagine it is a bit light for the hardcore fitness buff but for anyone beginner to intermediate I highly recommend it. No, actually it is probably a nice addition for a fitness buff as the balance activities would be worth it alone and would greatly improve any other activity you do.

The wii sports game that comes with the console is pretty fun and challenging too...I've played a friend's in the past and trust me, your arms will be sore the next day after you try the boxing game. Plus it's great fun to play with other people.

It may seem like a lot of cash at once but it is cheap compared to other game consoles and super cheap compared to most fitness equipment. If you never play games I still think this is a great fitness tool and worth every penny.

I am only on day one but I can see this being very easy to keep up with and also very ADD friendly...once you turn it on...even on day one of any other exercise program I've tried I have never actually been excited to work out. We'll see if I'm still as excited about it in a few weeks! Sorry for the long, non-results post, but you asked ;)

mykill
08-23-08, 04:31 PM
posting today, but the weighing was yesterday (What?! i have ADD, don't make me follow your rules, man)

i'm up 1.9 pounds from previous Friday :(

I am doing PT for a blown out knee, so i am limited for exercise, i have floor strengthening and a stationary bike... and that's pretty much all i am allowed to do for now.

Floor exercises only 2 nights out of this week.
Biked 3 nights, 20 minutes each time.
Walked 1 mile 5 days.

i worked too much this week, next week will be better.

mADD mike
08-23-08, 04:52 PM
Hi Mykill, thanks for posting your results. That blown out knee sounds rough, how did you manage that?

Glad to see you on board, we're all glad to have you, even if fashionably late. I just put your results in with everyone else's on my spreadsheet so that I can track for you.

Enjoy your weekend!
Mike

curseandablessi
08-23-08, 05:07 PM
I can't find the scale, remember I cleaned the house last week.

I did some sort of physical activity that I don't normally do 3 days last week.

mADD mike
08-23-08, 10:09 PM
Thanks c&b, I've put you on the list too as one that reported. Keep it up.

DotwithADD
08-30-08, 12:44 AM
Uh, Mike, what does GFC stand for?:confused::confused:

Anyway, didn't get on the scales, but started back to college this week. Only have one course on campus per week. But am taking two courses, one's online. But, Tuesday, I climbed three flights of stairs and wasn't out of breath! So, I'm going to do it again every time I have class. Plus I gathered up the trash, swept and vacuumed on Wednesday... Does that count? I know I should do more stretches before doing any strenuous activity that I'm not used to (I'm a computer chair potato - we don't have a couch... but just as bad). When I do, my back doesn't hurt when I do actually do more than walk to the kitchen or bathroom (it's not that far, we live in a 2 bdrm, 1 bath house!). But, I really need to get back to going to the workout place for Cancer patients (or post-cancer patients).. in the next town (larger town) called Cancer Foundation For Life... where I walk on the treadmill, do stretches, and the pilot ball thing (exercising on a large beachball type thing). I need to enter that in my "Outlook" tasks and/or calendar... oh, and my cell phone! As a recurring appt.!

Thanks again, mike!

mADD mike
08-30-08, 09:12 AM
GFC = Get Fit Club

I'm glad to see that you got some exercise in, Dot. I'm guessing that you don't get a lot, probably something to do with surviving breast cancer. First, congrats on surviving such a horrible disease. Second, congrats on getting up and doing something you might not normally do. Every little step is progress, which is going in the right direction, and you should personally feel proud of making progress.

Oh, and that Cancer Foundation sounds like a great place to work out. Just like we are encouraged when we see someone else on here getting out and doing something, maybe you could help encourage someone else at the Foundation just by being there. You never know the difference you can make in your own life, and in someone else's, just by being present somewhere.

Good for you!