View Full Version : How are fibro people different

mrsmith
08-24-08, 05:03 PM
In the following chain model, where would fibro people be different?
How good is this model.

1) Tendency for stress to go in the body/ poor motorics/ Not relaxing tensions.

2) Tendency to react with inflammation

3) Inflammation causing pain.

4) Pain causing fatigue.

Mary
08-24-08, 07:45 PM
In the following chain model, where would fibro people be different?
How good is this model.

1) Tendency for stress to go in the body/ poor motorics/ Not relaxing tensions.

2) Tendency to react with inflammation

3) Inflammation causing pain.

4) Pain causing fatigue.

mrsmith,

I would say it's pretty accurate. I have trouble releasing stress, instead of truly being able to relax... my body tightens up..thereby making the muscles tighten.. like muscle spasms. When this happen, my body literally pulls inward, instead of relaxing outward.

Inflammation makes it worse, because I'm not able to control it. Which also causes me to tighten up. I also have trouble with movement on my right side... the side that was injured in accidents that I've had.

The swelling/inflammation, feels like a deep down burning sensation. Sometimes nothing helps to ease the pain... no matter what I try. I've tried showers, warm baths, icy hot, muscle massage ... just to name a few.

The more pain I have during the day.. the more fatigued I feel. Because I cannot do anything to ease the pain. It's a neverending battle. Daily.. and there are days I do not even want to get out of bed.

I hope this information helps you. I'll try and answer any questions that you have.

icedcacti
11-20-08, 12:28 AM
That's a pretty excellent model. It really shows the trigger effect stress has on those of us who have fibromyalgia. I think I'll use it to explain fibro. to other people.

girlwednesday
08-28-09, 10:56 AM
When ever I have to explain it in layman s terms...it goes like this...

Imagine..
-its the first day of your period
-you have the flu
-and you over did it at the gym the day before..

THATS fibromyalgia.

INaBOX
11-16-09, 10:58 PM
When ever I have to explain it in layman s terms...it goes like this...

Imagine..
-its the first day of your period
-you have the flu
-and you over did it at the gym the day before..

THATS fibromyalgia.

That's a great explanation. I would just add:
"and you over did it at the gym the day before when wearing new runners that were too tight" :D