View Full Version : Time to get organized...

EYEFORGOT
08-24-08, 08:22 PM
I home school my kids. I always have. While I "do school" all year round it's nothing strict or rigidly scheduled. In fact I'm very ecclectic and relaxed about it.

But September is coming up close, the activities that didn't get scheduled through the summer are starting up again and it's time to get ready.

How far in advance are you planning?
I've delayed getting some new books because of finances. We have plenty to work with, so my kids are definitely not deficient in that department.

How are things looking to you?

EYEFORGOT
08-27-08, 11:41 AM
oops.

well, since public schools have already started more than likely the teachers have already organized themselves. lol My question seems moot.

xraylady33
08-27-08, 11:57 AM
The only moot questions are the ones you do not ask.

hillzy
08-27-08, 12:25 PM
Hey now!
In Canada school doesn't start until after labour day .. so my brother for instance, is getting ready for his new students as we speak.

So no, your question is not moot :D

Any Canadian teachers here??

EYEFORGOT
09-03-08, 01:37 PM
I haven't settled on a schedule or a math curriculum yet. I am genuinely putting this off as long as possible. I don't think I should wait any longer. Maybe I just need someone to sit down with. I have a support system here but I'm not using it to the best of my resources.

Jaycee
11-08-08, 01:14 AM
Kuta software has a good math system, and a lot of it is free online. I use it with older students, but I think it goes down to lower grades also.

God bless you for home schooling. I'm a teacher and I'm not disciplined enough to do it with my own children. We all have to have our change of scenery to set the accademic tone. I'm lucky if everyone has homework completed the night before it's due.