View Full Version : I <3 Vinegar!

EYEFORGOT
08-26-08, 12:46 PM
I just cut my cleaning product costs by quite a bit. I'm using white vinegar on practically everything. It's wonderful as an anti-bacterial.

http://www.vinegartips.com/cleaning/

My dog had some kind of skin itch that wouldn't go away. I gave him a bath in apple cider vinegar (and water) and it went away.

And as a bonus for cutting down on smells, I put some newspaper folded at the bottom of my garbage can and recycling bins. I change my bags and spray some vinegar/water mix inside before adding another bag. The rest of my house smells like dog and kitty litter...but my garbage/recycling bins are downright pleasant. lol

curseandablessi
08-26-08, 12:55 PM
Thanks I'm off to look. After the sinus mess I've created between the dust and cleaning products last week, I could use something less toxic.

EYEFORGOT
08-26-08, 01:04 PM
I bought one of those Scrubbing Bubbles shower spray cleaners (does the work of 2 maids). I've run out of the cleaner and I didn't like the pungent smell. So I'm going to try putting undiulted vinegar in there and see how that works. Otherwise I'm freecycling the whole thing.

FrazzleDazzle
08-26-08, 08:00 PM
A couple of years ago, I switched out my cleansers for vinegar. I use it by the gallon. You can kill weeds with it, clean your toilet with it after you pour baking soda in it, spray down your kitchen counter with diluted version of it. Great stuff, stinks, but is not noxious. LOL!

curseandablessi
08-26-08, 09:17 PM
Okay I went out and bought a gallon of it, all they had for baking soda was a little thing at the grocers. I plan on getting the BIG box of baking soda and another gallon of vinegar (one for upstairs and one for down) when I go get the BIG load of stuff at Wally world come payday.

EYEFORGOT
08-26-08, 11:28 PM
Just remember that baking soda and vinegar make mini-volcanos when mixed together. Suds everywhere. But to clean drains, pour down some baking soda, add some vinegar, watch it bubble up and it's great for the drain. I'd rather use this than bleach.

kimfar
08-27-08, 12:37 AM
Couple of cleaning tips:

Essential oils can be added to vinegar to mellow out the bite of the smell of vinegar, leaving a pleasing essence that is mostly the smell of the essential oil with a bit of a sharp almost resinous touch, which would be the transformed vinegar.Essential oils are also an antimicrobial and will work to kill mold, too. Place about 1/2 cup straight white distilled vinegar in a spray bottle. Add about 10 drops of essential oil, to start, shake, and smell. You can add more drops if you like. You can buy essential oils at your local health food store. They have many different types of smells available.
The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser can clean almost anything! It is my favorite cleaning tool! It removes soap scum from tile and glass, it removes scuff marks from walls, shoes, baseboards. Use it on floors, toilets, bathtubs, refrigerator, light colored grout, stove and oven, etc.

If you want more cleaning tips for anything...I probably have one. I look for things that are efficient and quick when I clean. I have tested so many products on so many things its ridiculous! I don't make any promises so don't sue me! Just kidding! But really....:cool:

EYEFORGOT
08-27-08, 08:00 AM
As far as the Clean Magic Eraser goes...I loved those. I don't use them much now, but I made one of my doors in my last house look good as new. The whole base of the door was black with scuff marks (I mean the entire base), I used that and you wouldn't know it had been scuffed so badly.

curseandablessi
08-28-08, 07:10 PM
I used to use the magic eraser on my old white POS ford Aspire car with the white plastic bumper (I used to spray the bumper with krylon plastic spray paint). It worked really well to get rid of the bugs and tree sap.

**I do not advise using the magic eraser on any car with a clearcoat finish or that is of any real value. I figured it couldn't hurt this finish as it was faded and really bad off.

The vinegar cleaned the toidy really well.

auntchris
03-06-09, 12:36 PM
I have been using baking soda and vinegar for a while now. i love the clean smell. I also good for our planet, keeping safe....

Has anyone thought of having a new forum for called GO Green. what people do to keep our earth safe from further destruction of our resources.

EYEFORGOT
03-06-09, 03:51 PM
Great idea Chris...

GO start a thread and we'll see what happens. :)