View Full Version : Friday 8/29 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
08-28-08, 11:09 PM
That's 2 weeks down in this process of getting in shape now. I hope everyone had a productive week. I'm starting this late Thursday PM, because I have a LONG workday ahead tomorrow. I'll post my results in the morning before I leave, but I knew I wouldn't have time to do all of this then.

So, post your results, the good, bad, and ugly. Hopefully we see posts from all of our newbies this week. If nothing else, let us know that you exercised and what days you did so. That helps us all to keep going.

Oh, and those that have made it to the 2 week mark will be getting new medals. I'll send you each a pm with the information for it so that you can change from black to the new green medal for 2 weeks strong.

Again, I have a long day of work tomorrow, so if you don't get the link for the new medal pmed to you tomorrow, I'll get it to you Saturday.

Have a great Friday, and thanks to everyone that is participating. We're always taking on newbies, and there is strength in numbers, so don't let a bad week get you down, and don't get distracted.

Mike

MECMR
08-28-08, 11:18 PM
I'm gonna have to skip next week due to being on vacation, so I am going to try and post first here, and give a two week update in....two weeks!

Exercise:

Sunday: racing through house to clean for relatives visiting. :rolleyes:

monday: 2 walks 1/4 mile each

Wednesday: 5 walks, 1/4 mile each, 1 hour workout with trainer

Thursday: 2 walks 1/4 mile each, 1 walk 1/2 mile

Weight on last Friday: 167.75
Weight on this Wednesday: 165.0

Loss: 2.75 pounds.

AND....More people are telling me how skinny I look! WOOHOO! (Around Mother's Day I was at 182 pounds!)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justcallmedorie
08-29-08, 05:09 AM
M-Th C25K and will be lacing up in a few minutes for a 25 min {shudder} run...

Alas, I'm up a pound, I'd say possibly water weight from upping my carbs, but I generally fluctuate a pound or two if I'm in "maintain" mode which my body might think I am.

Anyhoo, there's my check-in for this week. :)

mADD mike
08-29-08, 06:47 AM
Well, I started out on the wrong foot this week, catching something from my wife, and being sick last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So, for this week:

-1 lb

Worked out: Monday, Tuesday

Next week is another week, and I hope it goes a bit smoother. If nothing else, not getting sick would be an improvement.

20trackedmind
08-29-08, 07:54 AM
sunday 20 minutes riding posting trot, 1 hour in all
Monday 5 minute tempo run
Tuesday 1/2 hr fast walk, 25 crunches. 20 minutes yoga
Wednesday 12 minute endurance run, 35 min yoga. 35 crunched
Thurseday 1/2 hr fast walk

-2 lbs from last week (137)

Prusilusken
08-29-08, 08:20 AM
Well...even though I am quite embarrassed to see how you guys have done compared to me (or had valid reasons not to compare ;)) I'll post my meagre result here.

Maybe it'll give someone else whose not done too well the courage to get out the results too. :)

I took a walk for 1/2 hour yesterday, and I'm hoping to get one in today as well, preferably longer.

I have no weight and have some issues besides, so I'm going to try to focus on just moving more than not at all to a start.

Hope to see real good results from everyone else! :)

ggal
08-29-08, 09:51 AM
Weight: up 2.2 lbs

Exercise:

Weds: Swim: 850meters and 30 minute aquajog
Fri or Sat: Swim

Not so good on the exercise front, but I'm still moving some.

Prulis...some movement is better than none. That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it!

Grafter
08-29-08, 10:50 AM
Weight: Up 0.8 lbs to 195.6.

Although that could drop after sweating all day today.

Exercise:

Mmmm, nada. Although I've been very active at work this week. This week has been hectic, kids back to school, me back in school....but I'll be trying to make up for it this weekend.

amythyst
08-29-08, 12:02 PM
Weight: -1 pound

I expect a bit more weight loss next week as I had to indulge in a couple foods I won't be eating again :)

Exercise: 1.5 hours a day on the Wii fit except saturday and Sunday I did 0.5 hours both days.
I also walk my dogs most days but they are old and out of shape so it's about 15 minutes a day to the mailbox and back until they can handle more.

Remember, any activity is better than nothing so keep up the good work everyone!

Prusilusken
08-29-08, 02:09 PM
Oh, and I signed up on an internet based weightloss and exercise community today too.
I know it doesn't count for actually doing anything, but I actually think it'll help me get some things done.

I've also asked for people in my area who might want to exercise together.

Hehe you've gotta hear this too:
Food in Danish is "mad" and the site I joined is called madlog - MADlog!!!
LOL JUST the place for a crackerbrain like me! :D

mADD mike
08-30-08, 09:56 PM
Good for you, Prusilusken!

That is a great way to take initiative, and much like what we're doing here. Talk about it with others, get others involved, and it makes it more a part of your life. Plus, once you've told others about it, you're committed to doing something. In fact, we all have it right here in print now, so we're going to hold you to it.;)

Get out and exercise, and if nothing else, you'll feel better about yourself for doing so.

Mike

Prusilusken
08-31-08, 10:17 AM
Thanks, Mike!
Took a two hour walk yesterday and have kept within my kJ intake levels for two days now. It's not even hard yet, and I've gotten 1 friend to join that network too, and another is thinking hard about it.
I really feel good about this - thanks for kicking my *** into gear, Mike! :)