View Full Version : Friday 9/5 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
09-04-08, 10:14 PM
Once again, I'm starting this a bit early to catch everyone tomorrow. I have yet another long day of work with 2 houses to clean and a van to detail inside and out, so I'll be around sometime Friday evening if anyone has a question. I will post my results in the morning before I leave for work.

I hope everyone had a productive week. Even if you didn't, let us know what's up. This wasn't my best week, but that will happen at times, and I just have to make next week better.

Onward and upward, or downward if we're talking weight. Whatever, lol.

MECMR
09-05-08, 03:34 AM
WOOHOO! Love being a night owl sometimes! ;)

I'm on vacation and have no access to a scale (although I DID manage to find a connection to the internet, fancy that?? HAH!) But I can post my exercise results:

Saturday: TONS of housework and yardwork (including lugging lotsa laundry, does that cound as weightlifting?)
Monday: 15 minutes stretching
Tuesday: 15 minutes stretching; 45 minute walk
Wednesday: 1 hour workout (crunches, stretching, lunges, etc.); 4 mile walk
Thursday: 20 minutes stretching; 4 mile walk; 30 minutes "fooling around" with "The Bean" (An exercise gizmo I got for Christmas and just opened....Thursday at 10:30 PM.)

I'll weigh in when I get home and see if I lost any weight this week. It would be nice if I did!

mADD mike
09-05-08, 07:46 AM
Awesome MECMR! I didn't expect to hear from you this week. Hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Me, not so good a week. +2 for the week, and I only worked out Thursday, walking a mile track at a local park. Yikes! Next week will be better. This was just a bad week all around in many ways.

justcallmedorie
09-05-08, 10:04 AM
Next week will be better. This was just a bad week all around in many ways.

Tell me about it.:(

Sunday - spent an hour walking in the woods with Max
Thursday - brisk 50 minute walk with Max (daily total of 10,042 steps per the pedometer)
Friday (today) - brisk 50 minute walk with Max, my daughter and granddog (on schedule to have waaay more than 10,000 pedometer steps - yeeha)

Totally forgot to weigh...

May get back to the running tomorrow morning - daughter says she's ready to "just do it" (we don't wear that brand-LOL, we wear New Balance).:p

20trackedmind
09-05-08, 03:41 PM
sunday- 45 minutes lap swiming
Monday- interval run, yoga, 25 crunches
Wednesday-tempo run, yoga, 35 crunches
Thurseday- endurace run, yoga, 50 crunched
Friday- yoga, 50 crunches

yoga is about 20 to 30 minutes

weigh in on Friday morning 136lbs- (-1):confused::rolleyes:

Bummer- I thought it would be more since my clothes are really feeling loose on me now, oh wel

lostranslation
09-05-08, 06:26 PM
Had a headache that nothing would relieve from Monday until Thursday morning, so haven't done any walking since Sunday- Walked about a half mile. I'm on a new medication that tends to cause weight gain, so I better get moving to keep that from getting out of control. I'll take a walk this evening

amythyst
09-05-08, 07:58 PM
weight: -2 lbs

I've been giving the healthy eating a go and it seems to be working so far :)

Exercise:
Friday, Wednesday - 1.5 hours wii fit each day
Total of maybe 6 hours housework...includes lots of stairs while doing laundry and also forgetting why I went upstairs then going back down then remembering why I went up and go back....then remember I need something downstairs...then find something I have to put away back upstairs...

Prusilusken
09-06-08, 06:19 AM
Hey guys, sorry I'm late! Wasn't home yesterday, but here goes:

Went walking sat, sun, mon (5hrs altogether)
Went to dance classes mon, tue and discovered something just wasn't right with my hip, so I had it checked out friday. I was told to come back tuesday and only lie down or stand up untill then. As little sitting and walking as possible. So I'm having a really early setback. :(

But I'm on Ibuprophen now and doing as I was told, so I hope it'll get better very soon. I'm quite bummed out because of this. :(

Good news is that I'm eating better, and I measured myself a few days ago, so maybe in a week or two some inches will start to find someone else to pester. ;)

Grafter
09-07-08, 06:02 PM
Ok, again, no sanctioned exercise this week. It's been a tough one, but I'm not one to beat myself up too much. Still, it was a very active and strenuous work week. I suppose I have a benefit of activity built into my employment, with lots of outside work.

Weight wise, I've maintained from last week, adding .2 pounds to my 195.6 to weigh in at 195.8. I guess I may have lost a little if I wasn't eating a bunch of cookie dough. :D

justcallmedorie
09-08-08, 10:19 AM
I guess I may have lost a little if I wasn't eating a bunch of cookie dough. :D

Mmmmmmmmm, cookie dough (said in my best Homer Simpson voice).:p

ggal
09-08-08, 11:44 AM
Crap....bad week.

We had no weigh in at work, so I have no numbers to share.

Also, I didn't swim or do any other activity but mope and cry all week. Surely all the tears added up to some lost water weight.

Will try to do better next week.

justcallmedorie
09-08-08, 12:02 PM
Crap....bad week.

We had no weigh in at work, so I have no numbers to share.

Also, I didn't swim or do any other activity but mope and cry all week. Surely all the tears added up to some lost water weight.

Will try to do better next week.

Hey sweetie, glad to see you're still breathing!

Prusilusken
09-08-08, 04:22 PM
I know, I know...I did a terrible thing dragging you guys in to report here after such a crappy week, but I felt we missed you in the group and besides, almost all of us have had bummer weeks as you can see. :(
I'm glad you came in, and I'm keeping fingers crossed that we all do better next friday!

mADD mike
09-08-08, 09:42 PM
I'm glad to see everyone as well. Crappy weeks may seem bad, but they are a whole lot better than crappy lives. We all have speed bumps on the road, but when we shut the car down and go to sleep, that is when we have failed. I hope to see everyone report some sort of exercise this Friday. I made a pledge that I'm going to keep this week, and I hope others can keep theirs.

Thanks Prusilusken for encouraging others to report, if that is what you did. I think I understood that correctly. You are a good person, and we are all encouraged when we see others struggling with us.