View Full Version : Tucson ChADD

DesertDave
09-08-08, 11:51 PM
Does anyone know if the Tucson ChADD is still active?

I sent an email to them last week and left a voice message for the only posted phone number. I've gotten no response from either.

I sent another email today.

The meetings are supposed to be monthly, on the second Wednesday. That's this week and if it's still going, I'd like to attend.

Lady Lark
09-09-08, 12:03 AM
I have no idea. Does it say where the meetings are held? Maybe you could just pop in and see if it's really happening.

DesertDave
09-09-08, 12:51 AM
If I don't hear back from them, I may just do that.

I may also call my p-doc's office. I noticed one of the people listed for ChAdd is affiliated with the same university as my p-doc. He also is the one who suggested I check out the group. So they may even work in the same department and can just ask him about it.

meadd823
09-13-08, 03:09 PM
addum info about local chadd located here (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57026)

grreenman
02-02-10, 03:29 AM
I also had trouble, no luck with phone numbers listed. Finally found Chadd website for Tucson, after it had failed to come up on previous searches. There I found times and places of meetings. But I was surprised and disturbed to see that one must now pay to attend. This after having attended regularly for a time a Tucson Chadd group a couple of years ago, for which there was no charge to attend.

I would prefer to meet with other add folks at no charge to anyone. Having to pay to gather as a group to share our experiences living with ADD, and to be able to help one another in the process, I cannot abide. It just seems to me to defy the very definition and spirit of self-help.

If anyone knows of a free ADD group, or would like to start one if there is none, please let me know.

Footsore Ramble
04-27-11, 12:30 PM
I'd be up for one, I think.

metzfanaz
04-27-11, 03:26 PM
I'd be up for one, I think.

For what I've heard it is still active, it's one of the side rooms off the cafeteria at UMC. I tried to go to one back before I started on the forums and didn't find the room as I was a little late. As far as I know though from my pdoc, it still is active.

Waifster
01-27-13, 04:45 AM
Hi,
There is a new support group starting in Tucson! Finally!! Its through Meetup, and the first meeting will be held February 27th. The organizer/leader is a professional Life Empowerment Coach specializing in adult AD/HD.
You have to sign up at Meetup, here is the link.

http://www.meetup.com/-Tucson-Attention-Deficit-Disorder/

I can't wait! I've been looking for a support group for years. See you there!:)

Waifster
01-27-13, 05:03 AM
Sorry, I don't know why the link shows up different after I typed it. Go to Meetup and search for Attention Deficit Disorder.