View Full Version : Poll - effect of stimulant ADD medication on your condtition

mrsmith
09-09-08, 10:56 AM
If you consider Fibromyalgia, CFG etc describes you. And you have tried stimulant ADD medication what effect did it have.
(Please check 2)

icedcacti
11-20-08, 12:26 AM
I was diagnosed w/ fibro. when I was 17 (after seeing a billion dr's and getting a lot of other troubling and inaccurate dosages) and now I'm 23. Since the biggest symptom trigger for fibro. is stress and ADHD certainly never helped me manage stress, I think the stimulants I'm now on make a huge difference even if just in that respect. I did feel like vyvanse (now I take dex instead) sometimes increased my joint pain, but it was also not working well by that point...
So my vote is yes, by all means stimulants help many symptoms of fibromyalgia (except for the occasional insomnia!).

Carol Jeanne
11-20-08, 03:21 AM
I'm currently on Vyvanse, and although we have tweaked the dosage up and down, with a 2-week shift to Adderall (I wanted to jump out of my skin on the stuff), my fibro flare is getting progressively worse. Will be discussing a new approach with my doc tomorrow--probably to Strattera...

glenp
07-10-09, 04:53 AM
helps my pots quite a bit

ToadysFroggy
12-10-09, 10:15 PM
When my Fibro or Chronic Mono is bad, my ADD suffers, even with being medicated...not so bad but sometimes my concentration goes out the window!