View Full Version : Friday 9/12 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
09-11-08, 11:09 PM
Once again, here is your results thread, posted early for your convenience. I hope everyone had a good week, and that those that made pledges were able to carry them out. As always, I'll post my results in the morning. Right now it is 11PM, and I still need my hour-long workout to complete my pledge for the day, so I gotsta get to working out.

See you guys and gals tomorrow!

Mike

mADD mike
09-12-08, 07:05 AM
Well, here are my results:

Weight change - No loss to maybe a pound gain

Worked out for 1 solid hour Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

The weight change, or lack thereof, is kind of baffling. Maybe I added muscle? Who knows. It has always been my downfall, because I can kick my own rear, as I did this week, basically working physically from morning until late night, and not see the results that I want in weight loss. I even ate better, no not great, but better. Sleep wasn't something high on my list this week, or at least not as high as it should be.

I will say this though. The weight loss isn't there, but I do feel a lot better for having pushed myself with my pledge. I'll probably do it again next week as well. I feel better physically, and mentally. Hey, if people on the Biggest Loser can work their tail off in a controlled environment, in much worse shape than I, and not lose a pound, I guess I can too.

Part of my problem with weight loss is that my expectations and body image are skewed. Growing up I was the skinny guy, weighing all of 125 at 6'0" when I got married at 22 years of age. Since then I've packed on another 100 pounds, almost doubling my original self in 8+ years, and it is somewhat hard to accept, even though much of it is muscle. I've never been the big guy, I'm supposed to be the skinny one. My goal has always been to be about 185 pounds, but I'm not sure that is possible if I lost every ounce of fat. I'm just a big guy now, which is so weird to me.

Sorry for the ramble, just had to vent a bit, and express my bewilderment at the lack of weight loss. It really isn't negative, I'm just choosing to see it that way because I'm a little shocked. The reality is that I feel a LOT better physically, and about myself for pushing through a long hard physical work week, working out for an hour every night, really late before bed, when I didn't want to do anything but crash. That is an accomplishment in itself, and we ADDers aren't usually good at looking at our strenghts, just our weaknesses, so I'll get my mind right today.

Mike

justcallmedorie
09-12-08, 08:54 AM
Weight: 127.5 (I think that's up .5 from original but down .5 from last weight report???)

Ok. If memory serves me (haha), here's my workouts:

Saturday: 2.6 mile walk/run (slightly more running than walking)

Sunday: lots and lots of heavy lifting of 6 years of accumulated junk (if this doesn't count, that's fine, just wanted to say I DIDN'T sit on my ***** all day-LOL)

Monday - Tuesday: pity party, nothing "exercisy"

Wednesday: walked 2.6 miles

Thursday: ran 2.1 miles + .5 miles total warmup & cooldown

Friday: nothing so far, but will be doing "manual labor" at work today...:p

20trackedmind
09-12-08, 08:58 AM
Well, I lost 1 pound. I have stopped the running due to the fact that I cant get out of the house alone so I basically did yoga every night and basic exercises like crunches, using weights to tone up my arms. This week has been rough due to the fact that my husbands had surgury this week and I have been taking care of him. We are also moving Nov 1st and I need to pack up our house and make it "showable" so that we can rent out the house we own now.

justcallmedorie
09-12-08, 09:09 AM
...and I need to pack up our house and make it "showable" so that we can rent out the house we own now.

That'll be exercise in and of itself!

amythyst
09-12-08, 11:48 AM
Weight: -1.3 lbs from last week

Exercise:
Monday 1 hour wii fit
Tuesday 1.5 hours hockey
Thursday 2 hours yard work ( i dont usually do this so its a workout for me)
Friday 1 hour wii fit

I didn't exercise as much as I would like to but the clean eating is going well and I have been more active just puttering around the house than i used to be. Also, my hockey season has started so I will be playing 1-2 games a week until March which will help get me off my butt :)

ggal
09-12-08, 12:38 PM
Well, no exercise to report.

I did go down in weight: -2.4 lbs

justcallmedorie
09-12-08, 01:32 PM
Well, no exercise to report.

I did go down in weight: -2.4 lbs

Awesome!

Prusilusken
09-12-08, 03:11 PM
Good work everybody!
Good to see you holding on too - hope the ones of us whose had troubles will have better conditions to improve next week.
But for now, I'm just happy to see us all hold on despite difficulties! Way to go, guys! :)

I lost an inch on my waist and also a bit on the hips.

I have no weight, but will weigh myself tommorow at my parents.
I don't think I've lost anything and haven't been exercising because of the hip + will eat til my tummy bursts sunday, but monday is back to the good, green numbers on my food budget.
I'll be going to the chiropractor again tuesday and went today, and really hope things will loosen up soon so I can get walking again - and my account can get back to just zero instead of below! :P

DesertDave
09-12-08, 09:23 PM
OK, I'm doing it. It was a busy week, but I did as much as I could.
M, W, F: the gym, cardio
Sun: home, resistance

The hard part of this is just going. Once I'm there, it's not that bad. I'm using the time on the stationary bike to read Delivered From Distraction. I think any other equipment is too bouncy to do that. So I don't know what I'll read after I finish this.

I don't have a weight-loss goal at all. But I lost 3 pounds. And that's by the Dr's scale (I was in there today), not by mine, which seems to have some "prejudice".

If I hadn't read on here about how helpful exercise can be for us AD(H)D types, I might not have done this. But I'm finding it does make a difference, and it even carries over into the next day.

mADD mike
09-12-08, 10:47 PM
OK, I'm doing it. It was a busy week, but I did as much as I could.
M, W, F: the gym, cardio
Sun: home, resistance

The hard part of this is just going. Once I'm there, it's not that bad. I'm using the time on the stationary bike to read Delivered From Distraction. I think any other equipment is too bouncy to do that. So I don't know what I'll read after I finish this.

I don't have a weight-loss goal at all. But I lost 3 pounds. And that's by the Dr's scale (I was in there today), not by mine, which seems to have some "prejudice".

If I hadn't read on here about how helpful exercise can be for us AD(H)D types, I might not have done this. But I'm finding it does make a difference, and it even carries over into the next day.

Awesome Dave, glad to have you as part of GFC. I think we have the same scale too!

I bought Delivered From Distraction as an mp3 so that I could listen to it while I work, or work out. Reading isn't for me. It is a great book though.

I look forward to seeing your results from here on. You don't have to have a weight loss goal. It just makes you feel better to do it, and why wouldn't we want to feel better? It is hard to get going, but I always enjoy it and like myself better for doing some exercise.

DotwithADD
09-12-08, 10:57 PM
Oke doke... Thursday, Sep. 11, 2008: walked 33 min. at 1.8 mph... starting weight: 186.5 lbs.

Update next Thursday!:)

DesertDave
09-13-08, 10:04 AM
Where do you get books in MP3 format? I'm not sure that would work for me because I like to put yellow stickies on pages I want to go back to. My MP3 player doesn't have a yellow sticky function.

justcallmedorie
09-13-08, 12:54 PM
Walked the dog for 55 minutes this morning - a total of about 2.8 miles.

Prusilusken
09-13-08, 02:16 PM
Hi Desert Dave, nice to see you inhere! :D
And way to go!

I'm at my parents right now, and just popped in to say I weighed myself.
Lost 3 kgs! I thank that's about 6 pounds! Weeee!!! :)

mADD mike
09-15-08, 08:40 PM
Where do you get books in MP3 format? I'm not sure that would work for me because I like to put yellow stickies on pages I want to go back to. My MP3 player doesn't have a yellow sticky function.

I got Delivered From Distraction for about $30, unabridged, at audible.com. They have an abridged version for about $15.

I got Driven To Distraction, the abridged version, for $10 from talking-book-store.com if I remember correctly. That was my first taste of his writing, and I didn't want it to end when it did. So, I spent the money and bought the whole Delivered From Distraction, which is 13 hours long if I remember correctly, and loved it as well.

I hope that helps. Rather than bookmarking, as you like to do, I just wrote down the times that something was said that I really liked or wanted to go back to.

Prusilusken
09-15-08, 09:11 PM
Hi guys - Mike just reminded me that I hadn't typed in my exercise for the week, so here goes - it's, midly put, scrawny, but it's there.

I did my dancing classes on low intensity because of my hip injury, and I did maybe two hours all in all of torso exercises for a style of dance I'm learning, which was okay.

DotwithADD
09-16-08, 12:30 AM
Hi guys - Mike just reminded me that I hadn't typed in my exercise for the week, so here goes - it's, midly put, scrawny, but it's there.

I did my dancing classes on low intensity because of my hip injury, and I did maybe two hours all in all of torso exercises for a style of dance I'm learning, which was okay.

That's good!!!! More than I've done!