View Full Version : Just saying hi.

Ganzy
09-15-08, 02:11 PM
Just popped in to say hello to everyone.

I have been reading through the forums over the last week. It was a longshot google search that brought me here after trying to make some sense of myself... :rolleyes:

I haven't been to the doctors for aeons, so haven't been diagnosed with anything as of yet. But what I have read on these forums up to now, has been revealing and staggeringly all too familiar to me and my wife of 20 years... 20 years.. I can hardly believe it myself... lol, no doubt she will have some tales to tell!

It's a kind of a bitter sweet feeling for me at the minute. Like finding some treasure and then realising you can't spend it, not exactly that but something like that. I'm aware of the addvatages/disaddvantages of ADD and don't want to come across negativeley about it. So what I propose to do is leave it at this for the time being, and get my self up to speed on the big picture.

I have decided to try and track down my own school records through the Local Eucation Athority. I have a strong feeling that there will be some answers in them for me. I just really hope that they have been kept, as I don't have any of my old reports from school.

Has anyone tried to aquire their old reports like this before? Did you have any luck?

I understand that some schools regions were apt to destroy them after so long 25 years or so..

Fingers crossed.

Well, I have more to discuss in time, but I need to try and organize my thoughts and get them down in some logical fashion.

So take care & ttfn

CrystalShiloh
09-15-08, 02:13 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums!

lollypop
09-15-08, 02:15 PM
I have decided to try and track down my own school records through the Local Eucation Athority. I have a strong feeling that there will be some answers in them for me. I just really hope that they have been kept, as I don't have any of my old reports from school.

Oh I have mine in the attic, its been a while since I read them but I can tell you now that most repeat the same thing simply using a different set of words to say..........' could do better if only she applied herself' blah blah

One of my favourites was for music, I never forgot this one.......'X likes the sound of her voice, sadly this isnt for singing' LOL

You may or may not find anything of use in them but I do think it can be interesting reading them back, perhaps even cleansing.

Anyway welcome to the forum :)

sarek
09-15-08, 04:25 PM
Mine tend to read(the oldest ones at any rate) "vlijt een vijf"

That's not Swedish.

Welcome to the forum, Ganzy

Ganzy
10-16-08, 12:03 PM
Thank you :)