View Full Version : Wii Fit

ZachsMom
09-16-08, 03:21 PM
Hello to all!

Late last week I gave my 12 yer old ADHD son Wii Fit and the accessory board for his birthday.

He had lost a lot of weight and muscle tone in the 2 years we were trying meds, and I am hoping to help maintain his newfound energy and weight that I have discovered with his diet changes.

Wii Fit has kept him very interested and coming back for more ever since we set it up Friday night. In fact we are ALL on our own little "fit plan".

This is a FUN FUN FUN thing to have, and has sparked an interest in yoga, strength training and a newfound respect for center of balance and posture in both my boys (and me too!). Most of the exercised require him to be focused to be able to reach a new record high in his training record, so I REALLY like that kind of practice for him!

I'll report back from time to time, but in the meantime, does anyone else have the Wii Fit?

mADD mike
09-16-08, 07:03 PM
I bought one a few weeks ago, but I've been working out in different ways and just haven't used it yet. I tend to procrastinate things like that so much. It was months and months after buying the wii before we even used it. It is waiting to be set up downstairs. I think that setting it up, and whatever effort is required in getting everything started with putting in profiles and such, that must be what is making me put it off.

There is another poster in the Get Fit Club here that uses it. I believe their name on here is amythyst. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them on the subject.

I'm glad to hear that it is working well for you, and I need to get it out and use it. This week's focus is working out using my Power 90 dvds though. Maybe I'll pledge to use the Wii Fit next week so I'll actually do it.

Thanks for the good write up about it.

amythyst
09-18-08, 06:12 PM
Yep, I have one and use it almost everyday. Even the days I don't feel like doing anything I can usually force myself to at least turn it on and do a few balance games...most of the time that is enough to get me motivated for the aerobics or strength training unless I am feeling really sick or something. Somedays I do get a little bored even though there are tons of activities. When that happens I usually do the "free step" thing that lets you do the stepping aeobics for 30 minutes while watching tv. Overall I find it to be very adhd friendly.

I don't have any yet but I have seen other games that use the balance board and I'm sure there will be more coming out.

cillianred
03-26-12, 03:37 PM
I seem to be addicted to bumping old threads lately. I just tried Wii Fit Plus yesterday and I have to admit it's pretty fun.

I hate the gym, always have. But I love playing sports, especially softball, so I have to do training of some kind to prevent injury.

Oddly enough, I find Wii Fit's Yoga and Strength training to be extremely helpful. And being lanky, skinny and sometimes uncoordinated as I am, the programs really seem to be helping me with strength and balance.

Plus, the system sets my routine for me, which makes exercising so much less of a hassle.