View Full Version : Friday 9/26 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
09-26-08, 07:04 AM
Here is the place to let everyone know what you did this week. I know we have some newbies this week, so let us know what days you exercised, and your end results as far as weight goes, if you care to.

Myself, I worked out:
M, T, W, Th

Primarily I used the Wii Fit, but I'm finding that I don't like it a whole lot, at least not yet. Some of the stuff on there, particularly the balance games, don't make me feel like I'm actually doing anything. And some of the exercises, like the running/jogging games, don't seem to be very accurate in gauging your pace at all. I found it largely frustrating, so I'm going to put it down for now and pick it up later. Maybe it will be more fun if I get in shape using something else, and then come back to it as a fun way to maintain later. I've just got to get to that point first.

Oh, and I gained 2 pounds, I'm sure all of which is muscle.:rolleyes: But I did exercise and I feel better for that, anyway.

Next week I'm starting the Power 90 program, and hopefully I can stick to it through the duration of the 90 day program. If I can, I know it will make a HUGE difference, I'm just an ADDer that never keeps going.

mADD mike
09-26-08, 07:25 AM
Dorie, where are you? Here it is. It has been 20 minutes!:p

justcallmedorie
09-26-08, 10:05 AM
Dorie, where are you? Here it is. It has been 20 minutes!:p

Ooops. I was getting ready for work, then at work and just now got to pop back in. Sorry 'bout that, nothing like a little impatience...:p

ANYHOO, I weighed 124 this morning - yeeha, just 4-6 lbs to go to goal (not really sure if I want to land at 118 or 120).

Mon & Tues: ran intervals with dog
Wed: walked with daughter & dog
Thur & Fri: ran intervals with dog

Trust me, including the dog is important - he needs this as much if not more than I do!

So that's my five times this week I pledged. Whew. Not sure about what I'm going to do this weekend so no commitment to anything. :)

Song of Mercy
09-26-08, 10:36 AM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the encouragement through the week, it was very motivating. Here are my results for the week.

Since I didnt wiegh at the beginning of the week I am going to start w/0 for weight lost.
w-walked
th-walked
fr-walked

Im not sure how far I am going but I got farther each day and walked 20-30 minutes each day.

Prusilusken
09-26-08, 11:15 AM
I've done my 20+20+20 abs M,T,W,T,F and I took an hour long walk wednesday and yesterday.

I've kept my kJs reasonable (in "green zone") 85% of the last twenty days, and it's getting better, and most of the days (about 80%) I've been within good limits when it comes to where I got my energy from (max 25% from fat, fx).
Past five days have been perfect, even if was HARD especially one of them.

My measurements are the same, and I suspect my weight too, but I'll weigh myself tomorrow at my parent's house and we'll see. At least I'm pretty sure I didn't gain any. :)

GREAT START, SONG!!! :)

justcallmedorie
09-26-08, 11:27 AM
Trust me, including the dog is important - he needs this as much if not more than I do!

http://www.addforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=291&pictureid=2690
This is said dog (not the red one - that's Dolly the cow-LOL). Max is on the right, barking at Dolly, but only because there is electric fence between them. Otherwise, he's a wee bit frightened of the cows, Dolly especially (she's liked a guard cow, won't let ANYTHING bother the herd).

mADD mike
09-26-08, 12:55 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the encouragement through the week, it was very motivating. Here are my results for the week.

Since I didnt wiegh at the beginning of the week I am going to start w/0 for weight lost.
w-walked
th-walked
fr-walked

Im not sure how far I am going but I got farther each day and walked 20-30 minutes each day.

Stopped by the house for lunch and saw this. I'm glad to help, and you are very welcome, but you are the one that got out and did it. Good for you! What a great way to kick things off. I look forward to seeing some of the other newbies this week too.

Mike

MiTriGuy
09-26-08, 01:25 PM
Well I must be honest and report that I haven't really done any structured exercise this week... I'm still trying to get my life in order first... but thats not to say that I haven't had some exercise... Im a Building Engineer so I spend at least 6 hours a day walking around inspecting buildings and climbing up and down ladders and stairs and do a great deal of lifting and moving heavy stuff, so my normal day to day activities provide a good amount of physical activity.

Also yesterday a buch of us from work were treated to a day out at the Illich family suite at the Detroit Tigers game so I walked a good 4-5 miles around downtown Detroit before and after the game... FYI non-detroiters; the Illich family owns the Tigers and the Red wings as well as Little Ceasers pizza chain, they are also members of the health club chain I work for and graciously treated us to a wonderful day!

I did also order new running shoes from Brooks today! So at least Im getting geared up to start training again!!

Veggymel
09-26-08, 03:51 PM
Hey all...I also havent done ANYTHING this week mostly because I feel totally out if it from starting the new meds. Oh wait lol...I went for a bikeride pulling my lil man in the buggy twice this week even though I didnt feel totally good. :-) Yey me! I plan on getting back on my treadmill next week as long as I dont get these side effects still ;-)

Prusilusken
09-26-08, 05:03 PM
Well done, Meg!
:DAnd welcome!!!:D

mADD mike
09-26-08, 06:16 PM
Welcome VeggyMel and MiTriGuy!

Glad to have both of you report. Look at the newbies, coming here and reporting before the veterans, lol. Very cool to see the excitement, and we're all here to help. If you need some encouragement, or advice, just post in the main GFC thread and someone will be there to help. We have a good group of very nice people, all striving to get fit and feel better. Glad to have you newbies on board too!

Mike

justcallmedorie
09-26-08, 06:50 PM
Welcome VeggyMel and MiTriGuy!

Glad to have both of you report. Look at the newbies, coming here and reporting before the veterans, lol. Very cool to see the excitement, and we're all here to help. If you need some encouragement, or advice, just post in the main GFC thread and someone will be there to help. We have a good group of very nice people, all striving to get fit and feel better. Glad to have you newbies on board too!

Mike

Snerk, heheh, he call me a nice people.

20trackedmind
09-26-08, 09:17 PM
Well, I stayed the same this week.

But, My clothes fit better, I don't get it??????
I worked out a little different this week. At 3pm Monday through today, I turned the satallite radio to the kids station and danced with the kiddos for about 20 minutes. I have also been walking my dog 2 miles every morning.

Veggymel
09-26-08, 09:40 PM
20tracked...you can gain weight from muscle...maybe you just evened up '-)

TY for the warm welcome Mike and all the rest of the bunch '-)

amythyst
09-26-08, 10:03 PM
Exercise:
saturday: 1.5 hours hockey
sunday: 1.5 hours hockey
monday - Friday 2 hours walking each day

Weight:
-1 pound

Still a bit off track on the eating...I actually don't eat enough then I have a too much to eat in the evening....I still only have a small meal in the evening but the combo of not eating enough total and only eating at night is not working out so good. I'm trying to force myself to eat more earlier in the day but it's really hard to find foods that don't make me want to puke when I really don't want to eat in the first place. I am feeling better and slowly losing weight tho so I am making progress :)

MECMR
09-26-08, 10:16 PM
Hey, welcome to all the new folks! It's great to see more people joining us. :)

Well, first week without the personal trainer, and I never did make it to the gym. However, I was determined to MOVE, so this week was a lot of walking.

M: 1/2 hour walk 2x
T: 1/2 hour walk, 20 min walk 3x
W: couch day (sore throat)
T: 45 min walk
F: 1/2 hour walk.

I never got to weigh in this week. However, the pants that were too loose LAST week are now slipping too much to be worn to work. :eek: Even with my belt at the tightest. And, I am typing this while wearing a t-shirt that used to not pull down over my hips. It's laying nice and flat now. :D

Next week, I get to the gym...and shop for new pants! WOOHOO!

DesertDave
09-26-08, 11:29 PM
OK, this week I went 4 times. I'm using the bike and treadmill time to read and the time flies by. So I can tolerate that. I can't wait to get the new book by Dr. Ratey & Eric Hagerman, Spark: the Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain. Doing treadmill & bike without something to maintain my interest is very difficult because, face it, it's boring.

I'm doing some resistance stuff but it seems like I get the most benefit out of the aerobic stuff, ADD-wise. But I'll keep doing both, depending on mood & motivation.

justcallmedorie
09-27-08, 08:24 AM
Way to go EVERYBODY!

toodistracted
09-28-08, 12:17 AM
Congrats everybody!

As for me, I didn't exercise this week. But I will next week. I've been awful sick this week and pretty much have been in the bed.
Sorry everyone.

Prusilusken
09-28-08, 04:03 PM
As for me, I didn't exercise this week. But I will next week. I've been awful sick this week and pretty much have been in the bed.
Sorry everyone.

Aaaww...sorry about that, TooDi... :(
Hope you're feeling better now.

I just wanted to share that I've lost an additional four pounds since last time I checked (sep 10th) which gets me just into the "normal range" on BMI meassurings. Whoopidoo!

And from tuesday this week I've put my danceclasses up to 6 lessons instead of four. :)

Song of Mercy
09-28-08, 05:17 PM
I just wanted to share that I've lost an additional four pounds since last time I checked (sep 10th) which gets me just into the "normal range" on BMI meassurings. Whoopidoo!

And from tuesday this week I've put my danceclasses up to 6 lessons instead of four. :)

You are such a great leader imho Prus. This really shows that a person can move forward with their life even with out a formal diagnosis and treatment. Thanks for sharing.

P.S.

You Rock!

Prusilusken
09-29-08, 10:46 AM
Aaaaaawww...Song! :o

I've been called many things, but never a leader ;)
(Maybe partly because part of my ADD manifests itself with ridiculously poor navigation skills, and that covered with a - to other people and sometimes to myself - mindbugging ability to get distracted, lends me a title that only few of us can claim.
It's the:

"YES, I HAVE walked into the side of a telephone booth on my way out of it because I figured that it must be the door!" - Title. :D

My peers have never been long (about five minutes or so) outside of my own appartment with me before they've noticed that if I were to lead us all to the discoteque downtown, we'd probably end up in Nigeria, lol.

But - when I found out about ADHD and connected THOSE dots, I did something I should have done a LONG time ago: I started saving money for a handheld GPS for myself. I just got it (As a 30th birthday present, can you believe it!!? :D) the 14th this month, and:
Problem solved - no meds involved!
Bit of rhymin' there for ya, hehe...:)

...and now I'm ready for taking over the world with my new leadership devise! ...But I'll probably start off with a bit of geocaching just to get to know the thing... ;)

I'm truly happy and proud if you have found some inspiration in some of my writing, Song.

Oh ****, forgot to set my alarm again...I should be out of the door now, and instead I'm sitting almost bareassed by my computer! AAAAARRRGH!!! :eek:

lostranslation
10-01-08, 12:25 PM
(Wonders in...late, as usual. Thanks to Mike for reminding me.)

Four 30 minute walks last week, about 2 miles each time. 3 fifteen minute rides on my "aerobic rider" that my mom gave me. That thing just about kills me, but at least it isn't all piled up with clothes any more.
Found a scale among the moving boxes. (We've lived here for 4 years) Currently, I weigh around 150, which is up by around 15 pounds from a month ago. I was prescribed Remeron and Zyprexa when I was hospitalized. Remeron makes me crave carbs, and Zyprexa helps them to settle in my new & larger belly. I like being sane, but don't care for the fat. It's hard to tie my shoes...
Today, I did the same two miles, but half jogging half walking. Plan to do that four times a week until I can jog the whole thing.

Prusilusken
10-01-08, 02:15 PM
Hi Lost!

Geez...sorry to hear that the meds are so hard on your body! :(
I remember taking Remeron for three months at one point, and all I could think about was eatingEatingeating...it was like an obsession. Frightening to me!
Fortunately(?) Remeron didn't help me at all, so I went off it again, but some of the kilos I'm battling now are from back then.

I hope you'll have the opportunity to shift to other meds that don't mess so much with your "foodbrain" sometime soon, or be able to get your doctor to help you diminish that side effect.

GREAT TO SEE YOU AGAIN, THOUGH!!! :)

Have you seen Prus'kens new shiny blue medal???
She's very proud of it! :D

lostranslation
10-01-08, 03:33 PM
The Remeron has been a God-send, so at this point I just have to tough out the eating thing. The Zyprexa is PRM, so I don't have to take it unless I'm ramping up too high.

It's funny, because when I got out of the hospital, (bad bipolar episode) everyone stressed how important it was for me to eat 3 meals a day, so I did that for a month. I have never, ever eaten that way, and I'm not doing it any more. Now I just eat when I'm hungry, which is usually not until dinner time. I feel a thousand percent better eating my way.

Prusilusken
10-01-08, 04:09 PM
I can't eat right when I get up. I just take my coffee with milk and call it breakfast.
After an hour or two, I'm ready to eat, and then I'll eat a good breakfast with a much protein as I can cram in there. Found out that that's a good way to do it for me. :)

I'm glad the Remeron is so effectful for you!
Maybe there's something that can be done about the carb craving, if you are going to take Remeron for years - or if you're lucky, the cravings will just go away again after some months. I've heard that happen for others, so why not you? :)

It's great to have you back safe anyways, Lost. :)
Super that you're doing better and came in to report!