View Full Version : Your favourite thing in the whole world

chamaleon
09-26-08, 03:45 PM
My favourite thing in the world is this tiny, beautiful, battered, really old copy of I have of my favourite book, 'A Christmas Carol' by Dickens.

Its pages are delicate, like a little bible, and theres hardly any writing on the pages, around three paragraphs worth per page. It also has incredible illustrations that looks they were done with a felt tip pen. Mr Fizziwigs ball is the first illustration on the left page when you open it. Then there are a few blank pages leading up to the preface which says:

'I have endeavoured in this Ghostly little book, to raise the Ghost of an Idea, which shall not put my readers out of humour with themselves, with each other, with the season, or with me. May it haunt their houses pleasantly, and no one wish to lay it.

Their faithful Friend and Servant, C.D
December, 1843.'

it ends with the words THE END like all classics should, and routeledge, the publisher has quoted

'Beautifully printed and tastefully bound' - Saturday Review

'Deserves warm praise for the taste of its production' - Athenĉun'

The cover has tiny little hollies done in a collage, and a red cloth spine.

it is also a library book and i keep the old card, with the dates stamped on it.

i love this book and its my favourite thing in the whole world. what is your favourite thing?