View Full Version : Anyone have a good calendar reminder site?

Veggymel
09-28-08, 12:32 PM
I have been loking for some time for a reminder type website that you plug in appointments etc and it will send you an email reminder like either; 1 hr before, 2 days before or even a week prior based on your choice when entering the reminder options. If anyone has one it would be greatly appreciated since I forget all my appointments, bdays etc ;-)

lollypop
09-28-08, 01:16 PM
I dont know about any web based ones but the calender system built into microsoft outlook is great, works very well for me and does all of the above you describe. When setting appointments you can specify if and when you want a reminder and when they come up you can snooze them for time periods of your choosing.

Veggymel
09-28-08, 01:19 PM
I dont use outlook ;-( I have vista and have been using Thunderbird...but maybe there is something similar in that program. Thanks alot for the info ;-)

ADB1
09-28-08, 02:13 PM
You wanted email reminders. I use google calendar. THis says it can be set up to give email reminders N minutes. hours or days before the appointment. Not tried the reminders myslef.

You can also ask for "Daily agenda:Sent every day at 05:00 in your current time zone"

Veggymel
09-28-08, 05:49 PM
TY ADB1...will check that out right now...I desperately need it.

chowmix
09-29-08, 01:21 AM
I use a free service called 'iwantsandy.com.' you send a short email message and then get reminders by cell texting and email.You can also go to the website and modify your calendar there. They also have a 'todo' function, and other features you can use if you want (like getting an email each morning with the day's event as well as all your outstanding 'to dos'

The email format is like this:

remind me to call fred Friday at noon
remind me to call mom sunday at 7PM @weekly
remind me to put flea drops on the dogs next monday @monthly
remind me to log on to addforums.com tomorrow morning @daily

the service figures out the 'monday' means next monday and knows morning, evening and noon. It's pretty forgiving on format. for me it's MUCH easier to deal with for personal reminders than even my cell phone calendar, outlook, mac calendar, yahoo calender and palm pilots. I've gone through all of these and never quite get the right mix of functions.

I can send from two email addresses or my cell phone and will get reminders on the email I send it from (for work or home, for example) as well as texted to my cellphone.

Veggymel
09-29-08, 10:15 AM
Thanks Chowmix..I will check that one out also ;)

ADB1
09-30-08, 12:07 AM
Can I ask a related question for myself. Can anyone suggest a standalone reminder program. The idea of email is good but I often switch off email - I find email coming in (or even searching old email) distracting.

Ideally one that is not too intrusive - putting up a box and taking over focus tends to annoy me.

PS - I quite like the idea of IWantSandy. This will suit me for long term reminders but not short term ones.

justcallmedorie
09-30-08, 12:49 PM
Can I ask a related question for myself. Can anyone suggest a standalone reminder program. The idea of email is good but I often switch off email - I find email coming in (or even searching old email) distracting.

Ideally one that is not too intrusive - putting up a box and taking over focus tends to annoy me.

PS - I quite like the idea of IWantSandy. This will suit me for long term reminders but not short term ones.

I have this: http://calendarpal.com/ and it works well (it'll give you the weather too for a nice bonus), but it's not free, it's $20. I find it to be worth it.

chowmix
11-26-08, 03:18 AM
I use a free service called 'iwantsandy.com.' you send a short email message and then get reminders by cell texting and email.You can also go to the website and modify your calendar there. They also have a 'todo' function, and other features you can use if you want (like getting an email each morning with the day's event as well as all your outstanding 'to dos'

iwantsandy is going off line permanantely in december.

remember the milk (http://www.rememberthemilk.com) is a comparable site that allows email, text, twitter reminder entry and notification.:)

ChanelCinq
04-03-09, 02:00 AM
I use a service backpackit.com

I use the free service and it works great. Sounds like it works the same as the others. This site can do a whole lot more for a fee. I use the free service.

justcallmedorie
04-03-09, 11:31 AM
reQuall.com is good - free, call in reminders (like free Jott used to be), very good transcription, etc.

Lost Focus
12-12-09, 07:22 PM
Saw this about 15 months late, but Lightning is an integrated component with Thunderbird that is providing better and better scheduling/reminder options. But I only use it at home, and admittedly not very well these days. I only remote into my office computer from a laptop upstairs because I don't want to spend all my time in that room, and don't check that e-mail all that often anymore.

I would much rather use an iPhone, but may have to settle for the Touch here before too long.

MCate
12-28-09, 01:34 PM
I just started using Toodledo (http://www.toodledo.com/) (stand alone, but has plug ins for Google cal, iCal (mac) and iPhone/iTouch).

Sends reminders, as well as has long-term/short-term goal tracking, as well as calendaring/task-manager/to-do stuff...

innaminute
01-26-10, 08:40 PM
Google Calendar is awesome. It will sync with a lot of phones, as well as email and text you reminders however many days in advance you want. And, it's freeeeeeeee.

And, you can make multiple calendars and share them with people.

Trouskers
02-10-10, 11:52 AM
i use my cell phone

adhdPEteacher
02-10-10, 12:33 PM
I use reqall, i have it as a plug in on my firefox, but I also get the email reminders.
Its difficult i want an all in one place. I am trying to figure that out. I use groupwise @ work, and gmail/outlook at home. I try to put all my information on paper first and then transfer it, so if I dont have paper I have my phone where I can find it.
I want a new phone though....htc touch pro 2, or a souped up htc touch pro would be awesome...been trying ebay, craigslist etc....

I think the calendar reminder thing is what works best for you. I see alot of these programs have "if you want this feature you have to pay for it"...that is BS

But I guess everyone has to make a buck.

andyum
02-11-10, 04:36 PM
Google Calendar is awesome. It will sync with a lot of phones, as well as email and text you reminders however many days in advance you want. And, it's freeeeeeeee.

And, you can make multiple calendars and share them with people.
I agree. It is the best I have used so far. Syncs with my blackberry easily.

letsrockit
03-03-10, 04:13 PM
What would be awesome is if there was an online calendar that would send text messages as reminders of appts / events/ etc.

Does anyone know if this exisits??????????

tom1961
03-03-10, 07:06 PM
I would be nervous about relying on an online service to remind me of important events.

I use a program called Desktop Calendar. It's always on the desktop and seeng my month's schedule is as easy as closing any open windows :)

Fezzik
03-11-10, 06:02 PM
My life saver right now is my DROID. I use Google calender, Google Tasks, both of which are widgets right on my home screen along with alarms that go off before hand when I tell it to go off. I get alerts when something is coming up and on Google Tasks if I give it a date and time it enters into my calender so there is always reminders. I had Astrid but it was annoying constantly reminding me of tasks even months ahead of time sometimes it just seemed random like reminding me of something a month out when something was due the next day. Stuff like that.

I have family member's birthdays and email addresses, All my contacts are stored in there with as much info as I have on them. I can do full websearches when needed and if I forgot to get something I can either find out the best place to buy it or have it sent to someone depending on what I need to do.

AND THE BIG THING if I get a reminder that I need to be somewhere I can set up the appointment with an address and ask it to tell me how to get there. Yeah this has been my ADD all around tool box.

atrain
03-13-10, 07:47 PM
googlecalendar helps you remember appointments etc veggymel.

AmyAcer
05-08-10, 02:17 PM
What would be awesome is if there was an online calendar that would send text messages as reminders of appts / events/ etc.

Does anyone know if this exisits??????????

yup... i use http://www.myemailreminders.com/ it sends you either emails or texts or both... you also have other features too:D

Fezzik
05-10-10, 12:13 PM
googlecalendar helps you remember appointments etc veggymel.

Yes. It can send e-mail reminders to your gmail or other e-mail address or if you have a smartphone and possibly some feature phones these days you can have it sync to your phone and give you alerts when things are needed. I have an Android based phone so my calendar stuff is very well integrated. It just gives me alarms at prespecified times based on appointments I have scheduled.

MichaelCrosby11
06-24-10, 12:22 PM
I use a website called http://www.CalendarDummy.com

Super easy to use. I've set it as my homepage and everyday I see what events I have coming up, it shows me my local weather report, national news and scores from ESPN. Really nice looking site and super easy to use. Check it out!

newfiechaos29
08-30-10, 11:34 AM
I use my cellphone!!! I use it for reminders of appointments even to take my meds. It works wonders for me. I get a alarm go of at each pill time and which pill it is. My pahrmacist told me to do it and I did and I am grateful :)