View Full Version : mADD mike - GreaterVisibility.com

mADD mike
10-03-08, 12:28 PM
Hello,

I have had my own websites for years. Most have had to do with business, and I've built mine online using various web builders and hosting services.

Right now I have a new one to show. It was previously going to be used for something else, but I have now changed directions with it and re-designed it.

Let me know what you think. It is a site for some of my nature photos. I already had the site paid for, so I might as well use it for something, and this seems like a good idea with my new design.

www.greatervisibility.com (http://www.greatervisibility.com)

lostranslation
10-03-08, 02:17 PM
Hey mAAD mike-

For whatever it's worth, I was unable to view your page using Firefox & Ubuntu. Apparently, I need a plugin that I haven't found yet. Worked fine in XP with IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. Haven't tried with Vista, (because I'd have to reboot this box) but I'm sure it will work fine.
Your pictures are lovely, and it's really neat the way you set it up to sound like a shutter when you click on the pictures.

Nice site.

mADD mike
10-03-08, 03:13 PM
Hey mAAD mike-

For whatever it's worth, I was unable to view your page using Firefox & Ubuntu. Apparently, I need a plugin that I haven't found yet. Worked fine in XP with IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. Haven't tried with Vista, (because I'd have to reboot this box) but I'm sure it will work fine.
Your pictures are lovely, and it's really neat the way you set it up to sound like a shutter when you click on the pictures.

Nice site.

Thanks LT!

You may want to try it again in Firefox & Ubuntu. I can't guarantee that it will work in that, as I have no control since I built it using Sitecube, but I just found out that the size of my photos were causing issues with things. My wife came home for lunch, I was excited to show her what I did, she went to look at it, and most photos wouldn't even show up. I then contacted Sitecube, and they told me that photos should be uploaded no larger than 500x500. Well, it SURE would have been nice if they would have that explained somewhere BEFORE you spend a whole morning uploading them only to find out nobody can see them because they are too big!!! AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Sitecube has a killer site builder, but their explanations of requirements and customer service is a nightmare. So, I just got hyperfocused, and rebuilt all of the photo albums, deleting all of my huge pictures, batch converting each folder on my desktop, uploading them all again, and putting them in the right places. Thanks Sitecube :rolleyes:

So, things should work better now. It should be plenty fast, and all pictures should load quickly. If it doesn't work with the Ubuntu/Firefox combo, that is Sitecube's issue, one that I'm sure they won't fix, so it is what it is, lol.

Thanks for the compliment and for letting me know about the compatibility issue.

sarek
10-03-08, 04:22 PM
No problems with Firefox now.
Your site is beautiful, nice design and it is very fast.

lostranslation
10-03-08, 04:47 PM
Ahh heck...I'm in Vista now. It loads just fine, as I thought it would. (Can't hear it, but I have Pandora blasting.) OK...rebooting to Ubuntu...

lostranslation
10-03-08, 05:01 PM
Very cool. Whatever you did worked!

(I get a little too happy when things work...)

spaghettibrains
10-17-08, 11:12 PM
Nice website.