View Full Version : Focus on your workout

tocamexr2
10-04-08, 03:18 PM
Do you guys need music, audio books, television, ect. to focus on your workout? I know I do. It's impossible for me to workout without music. I'll get bored and do something else, whatever comes up to my mind within seconds, I'll just stop and do it. How about you guys? :cool:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4582/gymbunny001nb7.jpg

amythyst
10-04-08, 05:18 PM
I always need something to accompany my indoor workouts...good music for strength training and music or tv for the stationary bike. It's just too boring without it.

When I am walking or biking outdoors I prefer not to have any music and find that letting my mind wander passes the time much faster. Having the time for my mind to wander while still accomplishing stuff helps me not feel bad for spacing out and helps me to focus on other things I have to do when it comes time to get down to work.

tocamexr2
10-04-08, 06:30 PM
When I am walking or biking outdoors I prefer not to have any music and find that letting my mind wander passes the time much faster. Having the time for my mind to wander while still accomplishing stuff helps me not feel bad for spacing out and helps me to focus on other things I have to do when it comes time to get down to work.

If I'm going to be exercising outside, I definitely need my music. I'd go into a seizure trying to focus if I didn't have my iPod with me to drown all the noise. I get distracted enough with all the squirrels running all over the place. :D