View Full Version : Lexapro + Abilify + Cogentin To Symbyax (Feedback Please)

netsavy006
10-05-08, 08:24 PM
Currently I'm on Lexapro 10mg 2x/day, Abilify 15mg once a day, and Cogentin 1mg in the morning and 1mg @ bedtime. I'm also taking Fish Oils (Omega 3s), and Niravam (alprazolam) on an as needed basis.

I'm noticing that the akathesia is starting to "kick in" again.
I've also noticed that I'm having on and off visual hallucinations.
I've also been getting increased anxiety and panic attacks the past 1 - 2 weeks.

I've been reading up on Symbyax seeing that it's a combination of Prozac and Zyprexa. While I've never taken Prozac, I have taken Zyprexa and I know Zyprexa to be of benefit to me. It helps with sleep and mood stabilization.

I was thinking of asking about Symbyax to my pdoc also because it would reduce the number of pills I'd have to take. I currently take 3 pills in the morning (Lexapro, Cogentin, Fish Oils) and 3 at night (Lexapro, Cogentin, Abilify). If I was to take Symbyax it would only be one in the morning (Fish Oils) and one at night (Symbyax - As I don't need the Cogentin with Zyprexa.)

Has anyone gone through med changes like this and if so how was it done? I gather I have to stop the Lexapro if I were to try Symbyax, but I know I'll be alright taking Abilify with Symbyax. (would taper off the Abilify)(I was on zyprexa and abilify together at one time in the past doing a cross taper from zyprexa to abilify).

amu_d
10-05-08, 08:36 PM
By the way, do you have ADHD?

netsavy006
10-05-08, 08:54 PM
I don't have ADHD. I was seen and never given an official diagnosis. What I know I have is Asperger's and Bipolar 1, as stated in my signature.