View Full Version : Mornings are awful..is it common

Vinton
10-16-08, 02:51 PM
When I go to bed, it is hard to shut off my mind..projests etc. When I get out of bed, my mind just goes to work..I feel awfultake over. Up to now there is only way I handle it. I get out of the house A.S.A.P. and go for coffee to chat.

62 yrs old. retired. diagnosed MS-BPII or cyclothymia-ADHD and chronic tics.
meds: epival -effexor 75 mgs

P.S. MY Psydoc was thinking of taking everything off and switching to lamictal.

SuzzanneX
10-16-08, 02:56 PM
Mornings have always been awful for me, but, I'm a night person.

QueensU_girl
10-16-08, 10:18 PM
yup, it's common.

They even have a name for it.

depression is VERY often worse in the AMs. esp for atypical depression (the most common kind).

it is called "diurnal variation of mood".

you are doing the right thing.

get into positive situations/company ASAP each day (isolation makes depression worse).
on the corollary, get away from negative people/situations (bucket drainers) ASAP each day, if not altogether.

exercise can help too. Just agree to ten minutes. then quit if you feel worse. most often, a person feels better and wants to keep going. exercise improves sleep & mood too -- as well as meds, _or better_.

Vinton
10-18-08, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the information.

Met with my GP yesterdayand he strated me on lamictal which will help greatly for the underlying depression. After I will get off epival and effexor that both cause weight gain and affect libido.

He alos gave me magnesium which could help for my tics and permits me to take ritalin.