View Full Version : Friday 10/17 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
10-17-08, 08:52 AM
So, is this the week we get over the 100 pounds lost mark as a group? I hope so! We need to drop 11 pounds overall to make it happen.

Myself, I lost 2 pounds, so that's a start. 9 more to go.

I worked out Monday and Tuesday. Not as much as I'd like, but the trip to Michigan in a hurried fashion for a weekend only wore me out. Having your own business is nice, but it is hard to take time off to do anything else. I think I'm going to work out today to get off to a really good start this week.

20trackedmind
10-17-08, 01:51 PM
OK so I got on the scale this morning and it showed 136lbs, but then, as I stood there for a couple of minutes because I was half asleep, it moved to 137. But, I am going to stick with the 136. So, I think that is down 2 lbs. I got to start writing this down.

I have continued the walks every day and yoga on the weekday evenings. I also do little spurts of exercise thoughout the day like sit ups, dancing with the kids, squats ect. I have added packing up and moving boxes through out the day also. Sunday I packed up a truck load of boxes myself and then loaded them into a storage unit by myself. That has got to count for something.

RamblinDad
10-17-08, 02:51 PM
This is my first week doing this with you all. The good part is it has helped me get moving on the mornings after work to get to the gym and on the treadmill.

RamblinDad:

Weight: -2 lbs since last Friday (been working on weight loss for five weeks and have dropped 14 lbs since I started)

Exercise: M, T, W, T 1/2 hour each on tread mill.

Great job mADD mike and 20trackmind on your guys loss and exercise! http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8399/thumbsup4kk.gif

mADD mike
10-17-08, 03:28 PM
Congrats to you as well, RamblinDad, it sounds like you're making some consistent progress, and that's awesome!

20tracked, never stand on a scale too long. I think you gain weight while standing there sometimes, lol.:D Take the low number that comes up, and get the heck off that thing.

justcallmedorie
10-17-08, 05:13 PM
20tracked, never stand on a scale too long. I think you gain weight while standing there sometimes, lol.:D Take the low number that comes up, and get the heck off that thing.
Amen, brother. I've finally got a scale that gives me the same reading 3 times in a row. Don't remember what kind it is at the moment, but I totally love it!

I think I was 121.5 last Friday and was 121 today, so I'm down 1/2 lb. I did see 120 once this week, but I only count my Friday morning weight for here.

I exercised thusly:
Saturday - push-mowed rather than ride for the exercise value
Sunday - nada
Monday - ran intervals
Tuesday - ran intervals
Wednesday - walked
Thursday - lollygagged (didn't do a thing)
Today - nothing so far, and I'm going to start counting Friday as my first day of the exercise week, rather than Saturday, so only 4 days for me this week.

Hope to do better next week - 5 minimum!

{ahem} Is it new medal time yet?

merlin8015
10-17-08, 05:32 PM
Madd Mike, I'm sure I'm down more then 11 pounds from last post I did. Don't have a scale and I've not been to the gym, but my shirts are getting REALLY BIG and my pants are falling off. I was wearing 46" just bought 44"s and a new belt(ran out of holes).

lostranslation
10-17-08, 06:40 PM
Merlin, that is really cool to have to go down a size! (I have to lie down to zip my pants...uuuggg.)

I've had the flu, and the knee isn't much better, so just wasn't able to do much. My mom said she found some of those rubber band resistance things that she's going to loan me tomorrow, and I'll give her recumbent stationary bike a shot. Her knees are bad too, and her doctor recommended it. Heh, I put the thing together. Too bad we live so far apart-I think we could motivate each other!
Just getting up and down the stairs is kind of challenging right now, but I can walk without the dork cane.
I think you gain weight while standing there sometimes

I was quick... No loss or gain. Good enough for me right now.

DotwithADD
10-17-08, 09:22 PM
Oops, forgot to post this week's results on this thread! So, I'll do it again...

Walked 15 minutes around two blocks near my house. Didn't make it to CFFL to weigh myself, though - yup, I'm bad! But, hope to do better next week. I plan on making myself walk tomorrow... probably 15 minutes at least. I'm not sure how fast I was walking though... didn't want to walk too fast at first. In fact, will try to walk EVERYDAY... hummmm, now there's an idea!:D

It was so nice outside (finally - not too hot) that I felt I didn't have to wait until I could go to CFFL (Cancer Foundation For Life).

DesertDave
10-17-08, 10:08 PM
:( None for me this week. I have a sinus thing going on. Went to the Dr and he said to just take it easy and relax.

Yeah, right. Oh and take vitamin C and antihistamines. That way I can come in again in a week when it's worse. arghhhhh

mADD mike
10-17-08, 11:06 PM
{ahem} Is it new medal time yet?

Yep, I do believe so. I'll wait until everyone has posted, and I've made my update for everyone, and then put them together. But you are correct, they'll be coming shortly.

nsterrett
10-17-08, 11:40 PM
I think I dropped 2 pounds this week. I weighed in this morning at 203.

Sunday - mowed lawn, push mower
Monday - Ran 20 Minutes
Tuesday - Walked home from auto shop (1.5 miles), then walked to get car.
Wednesday - Nothing
Thursday - Nothing
Friday - Nothing

Towards the end of the week one of my wonderful daughters brought home the cold of the month, I lost my the battle and now have a cold.

I'll be up and running in a few days.

justcallmedorie
10-18-08, 07:18 AM
Yep, I do believe so. I'll wait until everyone has posted, and I've made my update for everyone, and then put them together. But you are correct, they'll be coming shortly.
YAY!:p

Prusilusken
10-18-08, 09:57 AM
Saturday: Bad, Bad day! HAd brunch with friends and didn't exercise one bit! :o
Sunday: Walked 8kms/70 mins, good tempo - a little proud of that! :D
Monday: 30 min walk (No dancing, teacher took a break)
Tuesday: 1 1/2 our dance lessons and 2x15min warmups + 30 min walk
Wednesday: 30 min walk ...plus 30yr birthday dinner, so "red numbers" on the calories for me twice this week! :rolleyes:
Thursday: 30 min walk
Friday: 40 min walk (AND A LEONARD COHEN CONCERT!! :D I know it's not exercise, but i HAD to mention it, it was SO GREAT! :D)

Despite the two days of eating too much, I've lost 1lb, so at least I didn't ruin the 100lbs statistics, even if I could've done even better. :p

Great job, guys!

Prusilusken
10-18-08, 02:37 PM
Madd Mike, I'm sure I'm down more then 11 pounds from last post I did. Don't have a scale and I've not been to the gym, but my shirts are getting REALLY BIG and my pants are falling off. I was wearing 46" just bought 44"s and a new belt(ran out of holes).

Hey Merlin, congrats, that must feel great!
I have slowly begun to be able to fit into SOME of my old pants.
Great motivation to keep going! :)

amythyst
10-18-08, 05:52 PM
Hmm, it seems that I have found the perfect balance of exercising just enough to counteract my poor eating habits and my weight has not changed for the past 2 weeks...I need to increase the duration and/or intensity of my workouts...that and I started a new medication that can make you gain weight.

I was eating better for a few weeks but I kind of slacked off on that....I don't eat much but it's not always healthy and its usually at night. My motivation is slipping a bit but I'm aware of it and trying to kick myself in the butt to keep going :)

As for exercise I played hockey on Sunday and walked Monday to Friday...I'm not a runner at all so I will have to walk faster or change to something that requires more exertion.

toodistracted
10-19-08, 12:09 AM
sorry I'm a little late.

I walked 3 days this week. Didn't get my runs in but I at least made myself get out and walk and enjoy this weather.

Everyone here is an inspiration to me!

mADD mike
10-19-08, 08:34 PM
sorry I'm a little late.

I walked 3 days this week. Didn't get my runs in but I at least made myself get out and walk and enjoy this weather.

Everyone here is an inspiration to me!

Great! Don't worry about being a little late, that's kind of the norm for us ADDers. That's why I don't usually get around to summarizing everything until Monday, or sometimes even Tuesday. No problem, we're just glad you're out there doing something. It inspires us as well!

Mike

DotwithADD
10-28-08, 09:35 PM
Oke doke, I'm back... again. Last week I began to walk for 10 to 15 minutes at work (seasonal job)... Only got to walk for 25 min last week. I think I might have lost about 3 lbs. I don't know if it will count, but did square dancing Sat. night. That may have helped. It is a lot of exercise. A lot more than I thought I would.. but for the sake of keeping with a daily exercise routine... been walking "everyday". Will post my activity (and hopefully results) this coming Fri., or if not, Monday?? (I think I'll subscribe to this thread with email notifications so I'll remember).

justcallmedorie
10-29-08, 09:43 AM
Me & dog ran ~2.5 miles this morning. It was coooooold. Any ideas on keeping my nose from freezing off while leaving my mouth uncovered? I bought a thingy that covers everything except my eyes and breathing through that wasn't pleasant at all. I tend to mouth breath once I get warmed up and so I don't mind my mouth not being covered-the thing this morning made me feel like I was suffocating-every inhale it sucked towards my mouth or nose, whichever I was breathing from at the time. I couldn't deal with it and uncovered the lower part of my face. Apparently I have a phobia about suffocating - lol.