View Full Version : xanax xr versus klonopin

dogtired
10-21-08, 12:13 AM
I have anxiety aside from add, curious as to which of these meds people seem to use more? Both see Ok for me, xanax appears better fro the anxiety and less tiring, just worried about the stories about xanax. I took klonopin for years before finding out about the add and never had addiction or dose changes.

meriellyn
10-21-08, 12:21 AM
Xanax is the only thing that takes care of my panic attacks once they start. I also take it occasionally for general anxiety and/or sleep when my regular meds aren't enough. When I was really having anxiety problems a few years ago, I took it regularly 3x a day (small doses). It helped a lot. I've had good experiences with it.

Klonopin makes me feel weird. Before I took Xanax 3x a day I tried the same regimen with Klonopin. Ended up crying for three days straight for no reason. I tend to just not feel right on Klonopin.

netsavy006
10-21-08, 10:05 AM
If you were able to take the Klonopin for years without problems, why change what works?

Don't over-worry about the issues you've heard about Xanax. This doesn't happen to everyone and if you are careful and only take the medication as prescribed, you shouldn't have a problem.

Xanax XR is I would guess better than Xanax because you only have to take it once a day instead of having to take it 3 or 4 times daily. The Xanax XR dose is usually what your current daily dose of Xanax is.

meriellyn
10-21-08, 12:51 PM
There's an extended release Xanax now? I had no idea...
I don't think I'd like that.

E4rolls
11-28-08, 06:02 PM
I was on Xanax XR 1mg for a while and I really did well on it. It seemed to last for a long time and is not week like generic alprazolam.so I would definately recommend it. I've tried Klonopin and I could'nt stay awake but it was effective for anxiety.
I'm not sure which is better, XR or IR. Some people prefer IR so they can have greater flexibility and control over their anxiety.
If I were using alprazolam I would rather be on Niravam because you don't need water to take it, just let it dissolve under your tongue. Niravam is very strong compared to generic alprazolam.