View Full Version : Looking for doctor in Utah

fatalburt
10-28-08, 02:36 PM
I've recently moved to provo area. I am teaching part time at BYU working else were and planning to start school soon. I want to find a doctor in this area that will help. anyone know of a good doctor, or, know a good way to find one?

ADHDNEWB
10-28-08, 02:39 PM
My first suggestion, if you have insurance, would be to go through them. Either call them, or go to their website and look for a doctor that's in their network - that's how I found mine.

:cool:

Coldhandedman
10-29-08, 12:23 AM
The one that DX me is in Riverton (near draper..... near Salt Lake) However, he isn't real good at knowing what to do. He will probably give you whatever meds you want though.

He kinda gave up on me and told me to go see a Psychiatrist..... been a year almost and haven't been back to a DR.

I am just going through the rest of the pills I have from my past prescriptions from him. (got Adderall and Ritalin) Just finished the Adderall and now have 15 pills of Ritalin. Just to test the water more in order to see if I prefer one type over the other.

If you hear of any good ones in salt lake county, let me know and vica versa.

DesertDave
10-29-08, 01:06 AM
I see that there is a CHADD chapter right in Provo. This link should take you to their info page:
http://www.chadd.net/template.cfm?affid=830&p=about

They have info for their monthly meeting, which might or might not be of value to you. I see there is also a phone contact listed. You might want to call them and ask about doctors.

I've gone to two CHADD meetings here where I live. The local policy is to let people know which doctors have said they want to be listed as resources, but can't endorse or recommend any of them. That's understandable.

But there's nothing to prevent you from asking someone before or after the meeting "so which doctor do you go to?". That's happened at the meetings here.

You might also post a message in the regional section of this forum. It goes by state, and the Utah section doesn't have much in it. Nothing current.

I found my doctor at the medical college here in Arizona. But I happen to live in the same city it's in so that made it convenient. If you find nothing in Provo, you may find it worthwhile to make the drive to SLC. Just an idea.

meadd823
10-29-08, 01:24 AM
Feel free to add and Doctors who deal with ADD in this state - please be sure and include the area as this can serve as the state doctor reference thread -

Moderator blurb

I am attempting to get a single place for people to go when they are looking for professional in their region to help with ADD - if you know a good reputable health care practitioner that treats adults with ADD by all mean do share - if one really really sucks then by all means do share that to -

With that said:

Please be advised readers are responsible for all research into any and all health care professionals as well as baring the sole responsibility for final ADD treatment decisions. ADDF doesn't recommend or endorse any one and all opinions shared by the member are the opinions of that member and in no way reflects the opinion of ADDF as a community

Although I won't delete recommendations for children I am mostly looking for adult ADD care

In the mean time I do have a collection of directories located in the diagnosis section than may be of use to some Where Can I Find a Health Care Professional? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33989)