View Full Version : interesting article on exercise

reality911
10-30-08, 07:10 PM
not entirely ADD related, but it might help some of us "get off our butts" and get in shape.

http://jonathanfields.com/blog/how-to-make-exercise-more-fun-than-sex/

mADD mike
10-30-08, 08:58 PM
You know what else can help us get off our rears and get in gear? Yeah, you knew it was coming, the ADD Forums Get Fit Club. If you get motivated by the article or whatever, come down and join us. Just let us know who you are in the main thread (the really long one) for those that want to participate, and that you intend to join in. Read the first page of that thread to catch up on what we're doing and why, and then have fun and feel better. A lot of people have been helped so far.

I really like that article. It is true that boredom gets us, and probably even moreso for us ADDers. I have found lately that if I start exercising by playing some Wii sports just to get moving and having some fun, I can transition into regular "boring" exercise afterward much more smoothly. I don't dread working out, at least for now. Hopefully I don't lose interest too quickly.

EYEFORGOT
03-30-09, 05:14 PM
Great article...exercise as good as sex? I'm all over that. No pun intended. That is exactly why I don't exercise...boredom, mentally unengaging, and frankly, I feel like an idiot. I'm more of an idiot not doing it because my body desperately needs it, but there it is. Will find something.