View Full Version : Friday 10/31 GFC Results - Post Them Here

mADD mike
10-30-08, 10:06 PM
Here is the thread to post your results in for this past week. Let us know what days you worked out, and if you are keeping track of weight loss or gain, let us know how that turned out this week as well.

I look forward to seeing what everyone was able to do. Hopefully we'll have some join us that were missing last week, and that maybe they just had something come up.

As always, I'll post my progress tomorrow morning. And, my wife will be reporting for the first time this week as well. So, I know there are 2 of us, let's see how many we can get to report this week. The more the merrier!

toodistracted
10-31-08, 01:09 AM
I ran Monday and walked Tuesday and Wednesday.

I haven't been keeping track of weight loss in the past week. I had a bad week eating wise. But I've been exercising.

mADD mike
10-31-08, 08:52 AM
Well, I found the 3 pounds that I lost last week. I have no idea how I gained them back, as I haven't really eaten worse, and I've worked my tail off this week.

Officially, I worked out: Saturday, Sunday, Monday

But I cleaned with my wife like crazy on Tuesday, Wednesday was a light cleaning day, and yesterday we took on 2 extra houses and worked from 8:00 AM - 8:30 PM, including trashing out a house that 2 guys moved out of. That's hard work, and to gain the 3 pounds back that I lost last week is disappointing. It was such hard work that I couldn't work out Tuesday-Thursday because I was spent physically.

In the end though, I feel better for having exercised, and I'll keep doing it regardless of what the weight does. It always just confuses me though, because this has been a pattern in my life. Work out and lose weight for a while, then start gaining it back.

mADD mike
10-31-08, 08:53 AM
I ran Monday and walked Tuesday and Wednesday.

I haven't been keeping track of weight loss in the past week. I had a bad week eating wise. But I've been exercising.

Glad to see you TD! Eating habits are usually an issue for me too. But you're in better shape for exercising than you would be without it, so good for you!:D

Mike

justcallmedorie
10-31-08, 10:18 AM
Well, I found the 3 pounds that I lost last week. I have no idea how I gained them back, as I haven't really eaten worse, and I've worked my tail off this week.

Officially, I worked out: Saturday, Sunday, Monday

But I cleaned with my wife like crazy on Tuesday, Wednesday was a light cleaning day, and yesterday we took on 2 extra houses and worked from 8:00 AM - 8:30 PM, including trashing out a house that 2 guys moved out of. That's hard work, and to gain the 3 pounds back that I lost last week is disappointing. It was such hard work that I couldn't work out Tuesday-Thursday because I was spent physically.

In the end though, I feel better for having exercised, and I'll keep doing it regardless of what the weight does. It always just confuses me though, because this has been a pattern in my life. Work out and lose weight for a while, then start gaining it back.
There's a good chance that it's just a normal fluctuation that just (in)conveniently happened on weigh day. Been there, done that, try not to worry about it anymore...

justcallmedorie
10-31-08, 10:22 AM
Weight: down 1 to 118.5 (.5 to "official" goal, 5.5 to attempted goal). If I don't make the 113, I certainly won't sweat it, that's what I weighed before I got pregnant in 1983...just thought I'd give it a shot.

Exercised thusly:
Fri - ran 2.4 miles
Sat - raked and push mowed a gazillion leaves
Sun - same as Sat, hope there's only one more episode of this!
Mon - ran 2.4 miles
Tues - day of rest - weather sucked anyhow
Wed - ran 2.4 miles
Thu - sicker than a dog, thought it best not to stray too far from home.:(

And there you have it (sung in my best Freddie Mercury imitation)

Veggymel
10-31-08, 10:35 AM
Hey fit club, here is my results for the week:
I lost another 1lb this week, so I am down to 138 from 148 (YEY)
Fri: - Did my mini-stair stepper for 20 mins (cardio)
Sat - Cleaned house really well and ran on treadmill 20 mins 4.0 incline 3.2mph
Sun - Relaxed with family and watched movies @ night
Mon - Ran around to store, eye doctor, etc with kids
Tues - Cleaned house and did laundry, treadmill 15 mins 3.5 incline 3.2mph
Wed - Relaxed, felt like getting a head cold all day while working
Thu - Still felt icky, rest in comfy clothes today and finish up work @ home Carved Pumpkins last night with kids, and also made frosted donughts for lil ones class party.

Hope this is a good recap - I copied LOL....just wanted to make sure this is how we need to post the results ;-) Hope everyone had a good week and has a safe and happy Halloween! -Mel

LostInTheStars
10-31-08, 01:41 PM
First weigh in!!! (Shouldn't there be a drum roll?)

I am down 1 lb.

Worked out Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday.

Prusilusken
10-31-08, 02:08 PM
So, my turn!

Ugh, let's not get into the eating - like you, TD, I didn't do too well! :$
I've been out visiting people 3 days in the last week, and on two of those days, didn't even exercise -> overate a LOT those days. Hmmm...now that I look at it, 2 seroiusly "red" days in 7, that's not too bad so I won't be too mad at myself for it, even if something like that happens two weeks in a row.
Of course, I want to loose a little weight (app. 12 more lbs) but it's okay if it doesn't happen overnight like the first 12 did.
I'm not gonna skip my social life + a few days of overeating to speed it up, anyways.
I just want to avoid gaining in the middle of things.
I hope I didn't.

Exercise:
Sat: 1/2h walk
Sun: None whatsoever and eating myself stuffed with friends.
Mon: Dancing + 1/2hr walk
Tue: Dancing even more + 1/2hr walk
Wed: 1/2h walk
Thur: No exercise, plenty of sweets.
Today: 1hr walk

I think next week will be a good week exercisewise for me, since I'm kicking it off by attending 2x3h dance workshop + mon/tue dance.
As it looks here, no traps eating wise, but who knows, things may chance, and if they do, I'll take it from the top.

What I took away from this week:
YAY - did move my body around more than I did before Fit Club started out AGAIN THIS WEEK! I know I could give it a negative spin (I always can) but I choose not to. :)

Prusilusken
10-31-08, 02:17 PM
First weigh in!!! (Shouldn't there be a drum roll?)

I am down 1 lb.

Worked out Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday.

Hey, good work, Starsbęęb!
(Dang, couldn't find a drum roll + rimshot video for you - I tried, hope that counts for something! ;))

lostranslation
10-31-08, 03:55 PM
Saturday-Tuesday- Elastic band and aerobic rider- half hour each.
Wednesday-busy running errands with/for friend w/out a car.
Thursday- Walked to plasma center, (two and a half miles) found out veins are too small, walked back. (You can sell plasma here. I need $)
Today- Nothing yet, but have to walk to PsyNP's to get Ritalin Rx. six miles round trip. (I think.)
The cane is back hanging up in the entry way, hopefully, for a long time.

meriellyn
10-31-08, 04:11 PM
I didn't have a chance to weigh myself this morning and it won't be accurate if I do it now (I try to weigh at the same point in the day since it fluctuates).

Sat - Walked a couple miles from a friend's apartment to the game instead of snagging a close parking spot.

Sun - Beach walk

I did another fairly brief walk during the week but now the week has blended together and I can't seem to remember which day it was. Go figure, right? :P

DotwithADD
10-31-08, 04:35 PM
Okay, did it right, this time...

Okay, now I'm doing something... trying to, but have had a hard time walking more. Today (Friday, Oct 31), I have been applying for local medical office jobs. Don't know if that's a good excuse, if not, I'll think of others (LOL-just kidding)... so here's my...

Exercise log: "walking"

Mon (Oct 27): 15 min.
Tue (Oct 28): 25 min.
Wed (Oct 29): 5 min.
Thu (Oct. 30): 15 min.
Fri (Oct 31): 10 min.

Total time this week: 1 hr and 10 min. Hope to do better next week.:o

mADD mike
10-31-08, 04:38 PM
I didn't have a chance to weigh myself this morning and it won't be accurate if I do it now (I try to weigh at the same point in the day since it fluctuates).

Sat - Walked a couple miles from a friend's apartment to the game instead of snagging a close parking spot.

Sun - Beach walk

I did another fairly brief walk during the week but now the week has blended together and I can't seem to remember which day it was. Go figure, right? :P

I tried to look at your profile to see where you were from, other than SC, but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. Just so you know, nobody likes a braggart.:p

I guess I could do an Ohio River walk, but it just doesn't have the same ring to it.

DesertDave
10-31-08, 06:07 PM
OK hopefully I'm back on track.

I made it into the torture machines (j/k) 3 times this week. Treadmill twice, bike thing one.

The main reason it's hard is just because it's sooooo boring. But I downloaded 2 of Barkley's talks and put them on my MP3 player. That guy talks so fast and moves through his material quickly, so the time flies. I actually stayed on it twice as long today just because I wanted to hear through the end.

amythyst
11-01-08, 02:30 AM
No weight change this week. I have been walking at least 30 minutes each day with my dogs. i tried running when i was out walking them and that lasted about 45 seconds! I can play hockey and ride a bike for a long time but I am just not made for running...maybe I'll try again after I lose some more weight :)

Prusilusken
11-02-08, 04:41 PM
Weighed myself yesterday - 1lb down despite flaws in food intake.
Know it's late - just wanted to say... ;)

justcallmedorie
11-03-08, 10:48 AM
I guess I could do an Ohio River walk, but it just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Our office is moving by the end of the year to a lovely spot overlooking Kanawha Boulevard/Kanawha River. While I wouldn't actually TOUCH the river water for any amount of money, I do love to walk on the sidewalk of the boulevard and that will become a near daily thing once we get moved! In addition to my morning runs.

I ran Saturday morning then headed to the farm. Walked with the dog in the woods on Sunday (there weren't enough leaves to have to deal with - yay!).

Nothing yet today, Monday's I seem to be lethargic anymore. I'm going to the mall at lunch and walk there. Might take the dog after work, but it'll be dark by the time I even leave work so don't know if I'll have the "oomph" to head back out once I get home.:( It's going to be a loooong time 'til the days get longer again {sigh}.

meriellyn
11-03-08, 03:01 PM
I tried to look at your profile to see where you were from, other than SC, but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. Just so you know, nobody likes a braggart.:p

Hehe... one of the benefits of living in the LowCountry. Actually, I live near Hilton Head but the beach walk was while visiting a friend's beach house up in Litchville, near Myrtle Beach.

We had a former Ohio resident with us and his crazy behind went swimming! I'm not nearly that hardcore. Lol. I did hafta walk in the water though.

DotwithADD
11-12-08, 11:56 PM
Sorry, I'm late... and don't have enough to report.. been working and going to school... and going on vacation to NE (NW). Forgot to call my psych dr until Monday to mail me a prescription (he is about 1-1/2 hrs away) - I don't know why, but I keep forgetting to ask him if he could fax or call in my prescription. Anyway... We're leaving for NE tomorrow, and I can't remember if I have enough, but, I guess, I'll have to just take one every other day until we get back from NE. Well, what can I say... No medicine is "perfect". Anyway, last week, I only walked 10 min. - bad... I know...

Then this week (yesterday), it rained... Monday, I had homework... and so I didn't walk.

Hopefully, I will walk and exercise in NE, maybe??? We'll see... so this last week, I was "bad"...:(... Will try again the rest of this week and next week. Won't be able to report my results until Nov. 21st or 24th...