View Full Version : low self worth?

Johnny123
11-07-08, 07:09 AM
I dont really think of myself as much, like when someone insults me i'll usually not reply/not care but really i do care. Most of the time when i'm angry i cant bring myself to hit someone but when i do it's always a serious reaction (like hitting someone and breaking their nose with a tennis racket because they spilt water on me) but im not usaully violent, its just these things i get, like sometimes i wont be able to control my reaction on people, i'll just spring out and hit them seriously hard, other times i really super mega want to hit them and i just can't bring myself to, it just doesn't happen my arms feel like they are jelly if i go and hit someone. I got a referral to the school psychologist but i dont wanna tell a school psychologist any of my secrets or any **** becuase they'd go and tell a few other people within the school (I know that as they did it with other people, and i've had teachers ask me how i am at home) so i dunno what to do cause when i want to be violent i simply can't inflict damage on anyone it just doesn't happen, but when i get violent you don't wannna be the one who ****ed me off as i go seriously over the top hitting you with whatever is there, and if theres no weapons it's my fists which usually end up skinless.

kwalk
11-18-08, 11:12 PM
I find I kind of have a slow reaction to insults, registering it and finding a reply, a day later I think, well why didn't I say this!

I've heard males with ADHD can take in their anxiety and show it externally- fighting, etc. I don't want to infer you do that though, but I though I'd give it as a thing to explore.

Bluerose
11-19-08, 09:51 PM
It is unfortunate that that is your reaction to conflict. I’m sure you realise that something needs to change. Is it worth having your meds checked out? Could they be making you feel more aggressive? Sounds like you might need to figure out a way to simply walking away. Remember, walking away from some situations is not a sign of weakness, it’s a sign of wisdom. Take care. I hope things work out for you.

SuzzanneX
11-19-08, 09:55 PM
http://www.mcwilliams.com/books/life1/lf1toc.htm

....highly recommend/ADD friendly, EZ reading
at any library.

Johnny123
11-20-08, 04:25 AM
Yeah someone already recommended that book to me, I was gonna get it out last week i think but i kept forgetting.

SuzzanneX
11-20-08, 05:12 AM
it was me...
...meeko's post.

Johnny123
11-20-08, 05:53 AM
it was me...
...meeko's post.
oh yeah, sorry my memories quite horrid at times.