View Full Version : computer game before studying?

traveler2002
03-22-04, 01:28 PM
hi.. i usually study at home, lately before study i play a computer a game for 5 minutes,
http://www.gamershell.com/download_4975.shtml

it's a hover racing game which adapts to your repsonses (the faster u are, the faster it is) i suspect that it might act as a artifical stimulant to help me out later, am i right?

D.Lerious
03-22-04, 04:16 PM
Well, I think it depends on the person. I like to just check my email real quick before doing hw. I only play games if I'm done for the day, as I hyperfocused on them.

waywardclam
03-22-04, 06:26 PM
Agreed, the trouble is that if I get started playing a game, it will keep me occupied for "just five more minutes" for three hours... :D

Also.. I think the mods are gonna move this topic... this subforum is for computer problems and technical questions...

Christiana
03-23-04, 08:37 PM
Before studying sometimes I play an online game like SET (I don't remember the link but if you type in SET game to google, you will find it) - it's that classic game where you try to make sets out of various patterns of cards. The thing aobut it is that there is only one game per day, so you CAN"T keep going... lol (I know what you mean about that - I had to get rid of all my games)

and also it uses the same type of brain skills which you might use in homework - so it actually mentally prepares you a little bit. It works for me anyway!