View Full Version : my operating system, Verdis OS

ronaldr
11-10-08, 06:48 PM
Alright, so last year I decided to develop an operating system based off linux like windows. Verid is a multi-platform operating system. This was a big take on, even for me. I knew that completing this project would make me the youngest, and first black person to ever develop a multi-platform operating system alone. Multi-platform meant that it would not only run on a computer, but the operating system could also run on a Playstation 3, or iMac. I started off working away on the Linux 2.6 Kernel. In a few weeks of development I did a presentation at a “CLUG” meeting. CLUG stands for the Charlotte Linux Users Group. The people there were all impressed, and anxious to try Verdis out. I had made promises for new gaming capabilities on Linux, and a new level of security. Later on into development, I decided to include Web 2.0 capabilities. No other operating system offered Web 2.0 capabilities. Web 2.0 is a term describing changing trends in the use of World Wide Web technology and web design that aims to enhance creativity, secure information sharing, collaboration and functionality of the web. By adding Web 2.0 capabilities I would be adding secure information sharing, collaboration, and social networking for Verdis users.

Within a few months of development, I released version 1 of the Verdis OS, version 1 was just the start, and I planned Verdis to make all other operating systems obsolete. Verdis was not open source, but it was free. Into development I started learning about genetic algorithms, and artificial intelligence. I learned how to simulate it into Verdis, with data mining networks. The blueprint for Verdis was turning into an intelligent, social networking operating system. I later did an article on artificial intelligence on my website, and the article was reviewed, and commented by Virgil Griffith. Virgil Griffith is an American hacker known for his involvement with a 2003 lawsuit with the Blackboard Inc Company and his creation of the WikiScanner. I and Virgil shared common interest, like artificial life, computer hacking, and we are both enthusiast of “HOPE,” Hackers of Planet Earth. Virgil Griffith liked my article, and also complemented my website design at the time. He informed me on a few artificial life books, since he is a grad in Cognitive Science at the California Institute of Technology. From that point on, I was learning as much as I could about artificial intelligence. I’m now developing an artificial intelligence system called “ghost” that will run in the background of the Verdis OS.

The idea of artificial intelligence led me to start planning out a blue-print for a robot. This robot would run the Verdis OS, and ghost. So I started experimenting with circuits, and different motherboards, and power supplies for computers. After all my research, and experimenting was done, I had complete a full blue print for the robot using Micro Servo Circuits, and a Mini-ITX Motherboard. I plan to start putting the robot together in the future.

With the Verdis OS released, and still being developed today.It is available for download at www.verdis-os.com - its version 1.1 now! Please download and try!

blueroo
11-11-08, 04:53 AM
Which distribution are you rebranding?